Multiples
Options

infant seats, how quickly did they outgrow them?

When did your LO's outgrow their infant car seats?

Re: infant seats, how quickly did they outgrow them?

• Options
    I switched my girls at 6 mths to the convertible seats.  They were just getting too heavy for me to carry them at the same time.  I do know some people can get a full year out of theirs.  I guess it really depends how much your girls weigh and how long you can carry them in the infant seats.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My girls were on the small size and I moved them to convertible seats at 9 months old. They were just too heavy for me to carry both at the same time anymore and I was also lifting them up into a SUV and I am only 5'2", so this was getting to be too much strain on my back everyday, at least 2 times a day, to and from daycare.

I just put a pack n play next to the back door with some toys in it and put one twin in that while I walked the other twin out to the garage and put her in the car, then I went back in for the other one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My girls are almost 10 months and are still in infant seats. They are petite though....only weighed 15lbs  at their 9 m/onth appt. 
  • Options
    Mine are 7 months and we still have them in their infant seats.  We have convertible seats already but I just use the infant out of convenience.  I still like using our DSNG for errands.  The only other stroller we have so far is the BOB, which I love, but isn't the easiest for carrying in and out of the car.  I'm currently looking into other strollers for errands, but hope they last in their infant seats until I get one.  My girls are a decent size - at their 6 month appointment, they were 17 lbs and 15 lbs 13 oz.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We switched at 6 months when they became too heavy to carry and too uncomfortable in them.  They are so much happier in their convertible seats.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine are little peanuts -- we're just now replacing them at 18 months.  We quit taking the carriers out once the kids weighed about 15 pounds or so though since it was getting too cumbersome to carry back and forth!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Depends on the kid.  Are you and DH tall?  O was 97%tile for height and outgrew it for height just before 5 months.  He was getting too heavy for me to carry anyway. I know some others with petite kids who go until a year.  I'm assuming even if they're born smaller, the twins will be tall and outgrow quickly (which is why I'm not going to get the Peg Perego-sp? for so little time using it.)  It's also why I spent a fortune on convertible seats b/c with O all the ones I tried to "save money on" he outgrew too quickly.
  • Options
    We switched at 7.5m. Alex was a little over 21 lbs and we had the Snugrides that go up to 22 lbs so we went ahead and switched them then. Will was 21lbs7oz and 29" at his 12m visit so he could've been in his Snugride till he turned 1.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    At 9m, my twins were 19lb and 19lb 15oz (so they still would've fit in any infant seat).  We have the Graco 35's and we'll switch them over to a convertible either around 1 year or in April.
  • Options
    We have switched one since she is 17lbs and over 30" long. The other one I want to hold off as long as I can just to make it easier.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I stopped carrying the infant seats in around 7.5 months and replaced them at 9 months. My girls are on the lighter side but very tall and were getting too tall for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"