Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

So embarrassed- totally forgot about a baby shower and didn't rsvp. WWYD?

I could rattle off my list of excuses but they really don't matter. The fact is, I was invited to a baby shower that was held this morning.  I got the invite 4 weeks ago.  It said "RSVP Regrets Only." I intended to go.  I totally forgot about it until I was cleaning out my desk and saw the invite this morning, after the shower had started. Basically, the date just snuck up on me. So rude. I am so embarrassed. Now- wwyd?

I do not know the hostess at all.  I only have her phone number. Should I call and apologize?

The mom-to-be: Love her- super sweet, kind, all around great person.  She was part of a moms group I was in last year but she is no longer in it.  I never ever see her.. our kids are totally different ages (she has much older girls and now a baby on the way.)  We don't talk on the phone or email or anything. To be honest, I was surprised to be invited to the shower.  That said, I really like her but I don't see us hanging out or anything. Sooo... should I email her and apologize? Buy a gift and take it to her sometime before the baby comes? 

OR ignore the situation.

wwyd? I'm actually semi-stressed about this. I can't stand when people do not rsvp.  I am normally very good at it.  I cannot imagine why this slipped my mind.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So embarrassed- totally forgot about a baby shower and didn't rsvp. WWYD?

• I would call the hostess after the party is over and apologize. I know I'd like that if someone didn't rsvp to a party I was having. Then I'd buy the mom to be a gift and either mail it to her with a little note saying "sorry I couldn't make it to your shower". Or if she lives by you drop it off and just say hi real quick.
  • I would either email the mom-to-be and apologize, or just drop it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • image*sallymad*:
    I would call the hostess after the party is over and apologize. I know I'd like that if someone didn't rsvp to a party I was having. Then I'd buy the mom to be a gift and either mail it to her with a little note saying "sorry I couldn't make it to your shower". Or if she lives by you drop it off and just say hi real quick.

This.  Don't worry though, unless it was a small shower, maybe no one noticed.  I was kind of hurt when I had my shower and one of my closest friends didn't rsvp, show up, or tell me why.  I haven't heard from her since before DS was born.  But it sounds like you and this woman aren't that close, so don't worry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"