Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

When do they drop night feeds?

Is this "supposed" to happen one at a time? Or is there an age where they don't need to eat at night?

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: When do they drop night feeds?

• Options
    I would say keep doing it as long as LO is still waking up hungry. We've started letting DS stir in his bed a little before shooting up to go see what's up. If he puts himself back to sleep, awesome. If not, we'll get up and feed him.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    According to the Baby 411 book, at 4 months they should be able to sleep 6 hours without needing to eat, 5 months 9 hours, and 6 months 12 hours.
    Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD dropped her night feedings and started STTN when she was 9 weeks old. I was told by my Dr. that by 3-4 months they dont "need" to be fed but might wake up to eat out of habit..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mine get up all the time and my ped said its because they are "trained" too and they don't need to nightime calories. she gave me this method to use.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/44983141/ShowThread.aspx#44983141

Can't quite tell if its working yet. Only on day 2. But mine are much older than yours so hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    imagelisajay09:

imageOrangeSmoke:
    According to the Baby 411 book, at 4 months they should be able to sleep 6 hours without needing to eat, 5 months 9 hours, and 6 months 12 hours.

Wait, this is an actual book? 

Yes, I have it and can confirm this is what it says. It also says that reflux babies will take longer to STTN (which applies to my DD).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I definitely try other things first, but if DD wakes and nothing else puts her to sleep and then she takes a full feeding I side eye anyone who tells me she doesn't "need" to eat.  Okay well clearly she was hungry regardless of the fact she's old enough or heavy enough to not need it.  She stopped waking consistently around 4 months but even so we just went through about 3 weeks of waking every 2-3 hours and I nursed her just about every time.  She's now back to STTN.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    DD is 4 months old and at our 4 month check up with Pedi, she said DD at her age/weight should be able to make it an 8 hour stretch at night.  She isn't there yet, she is averaging around 5 hours at her first stretch, eating, then going back down for about 2 hours, waking (not to eat, but just to be comforted) and then sometimes going back down for up to 4 hours.  So we will start trying to stretch things out a little and just play it by ear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"