Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Post-partum Hair Loss (Vent)

DD just turned 4 months this week and I have been losing hair like crazy for almost a month now.  I am sick and tired of cleaning hair out of the shower drain, removing strands from DD's hands and cleaning it out of my brush!  Everyday it seems like it just keeps falling out.  Whenever I run my fingers through my hair or wash it I feel like I'm not going to have any hair left...ugh.  Annoying and disgusting!  Who else has gone through this and when did it stop?  I feel like if I keep going at this rate I'll be bald by Christmas!

Re: Post-partum Hair Loss (Vent)

• Options
    My hair loss started around 3 months PP and I am still losing hair like crazy...it sucks. I really think my hair is becoming noticeably thinner, so it better stop soon!
  • Options
    imageMrsAdlon:

DD just turned 4 months this week and I have been losing hair like crazy for almost a month now.  I am sick and tired of cleaning hair out of the shower drain, removing strands from DD's hands and cleaning it out of my brush!  Everyday it seems like it just keeps falling out.  Whenever I run my fingers through my hair or wash it I feel like I'm not going to have any hair left...ugh.  Annoying and disgusting!  Who else has gone through this and when did it stop?  I feel like if I keep going at this rate I'll be bald by Christmas!

Me too.  It started about a month ago and has slowed some this week.  I did lose alot of hair per day before baby, so guess it is not that big of a change now. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I went through it with DD1 and am currently going through it again with DD2.  Honestly, I can't remember when it stopped falling out.  Maybe six months pp. 

Just know, it does stop. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have recently started loosing a lot of hair. I wish it would stop. :(
  • Options

With DS it lasted about 2 months.  This time it started around 3 months and is still going.  

What seems to help is getting a haircut/trim.  My hair was pretty long and getting tangled all the time and I was loosing a ton.  I got it cut to just below my shoulders and it's been a lot better.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • Options
    I posted about this recently on 6-9 hoping that there's light at the end of the tunnel. I am still loosing a ton of hair every single day. For the first time in my life I would not consider my hair thick right now. It sucks. anyway, the responses that I got were that it slows (but does not stop) at about 6.5 months PP.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this, I've been wondering also.  Mine also started falling out like crazy around 3mo pp and has slowed some but not stopped.  I'm hoping it won't be much longer especially now that DD2 loves to chew on it Stick out tongue
  • Options

It didn't start for me until almost 4 months pp (really started once I colored my hair) & is still FULL force. Ughhh - I also think if it keeps going like this I'll be bald by Christmas too! Tongue Tied

• Options

Ugh - it's absolutely awful!  My drain is SOOO full of hair after every shower, and my hair is ALL over the house.  I have to keep my hair in a pony tail all the time at home or my son would be covered in it! 

I can't wait for it to stop... it started about 1.5 months pp, and if anything it seems like it's getting worse! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine just started too and I had forgotten how crazy it was.  I want to say that it lasted about 2 months with DS, but i'm not 100% on that.  My hair is pretty long too, so I think that makes it look like a lot more than it is.
  • Options

I was totally about to post this today as well. I started at 3 months and been going crazy losing it.  I have two major bald spots in my front hairline (good bye ponytail!!)  I told DH I need a haircut...he loves my hair long but I want it short to keep from tangling and maybe get it cut in a way to hide the loss!!

GL ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugh, my hair was super fine to begin with and I have lost so much it is really noticable and I can't even hide it anymore.

Seriously, google telogen effluvium. That is what my hair is looking like these days. It makes me want to cry.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me too! I have two bald spots in the front of my head and am thinking if it does not stop soon I am going to have nothing left.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Me too. It started about 1 month ago. Its crazy cause my hair is noticeably thinner.
  • Options
    Mine probably started about 6 weeks after LO was born.  I am STILL losing a lot of hair, but I feel like it is beginning to slow down a bit. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Mine started about 4 months.  I have to clean my brush out 2-3 times a week.  It's crazy.  I got my hair cut today and asked my stylist if she knew how long it would last and she said probably about 2ish months.
  • Options
    imagekmoleson1222:

I was totally about to post this today as well. I started at 3 months and been going crazy losing it.  I have two major bald spots in my front hairline (good bye ponytail!!)  I told DH I need a haircut...he loves my hair long but I want it short to keep from tangling and maybe get it cut in a way to hide the loss!!

GL ladies!

This exactly!  Started a little before 3 months and still going strong.  I used to have extremely thick hair, now I have bald spots at my temples and what looks to me like a receding hairline!  Can anyone tell me if it grows back???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"