Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I wish my husband could help at night

I feel like such a slave to my son all night.  He REFUSES to go to sleep before 10 and even if he wakes up 15 minutes after he has gone to bed he can only be calmed down with a boob.  I feel like it is getting worse as time goes on.  Even a few weeks ago you could pop the pacifier back in his mouth and he would go back to sleep.  I know it might sound terrible but I am counting the days until he is old enough to do some sort of sleep training.  I don't enjoy getting up in the middle of the night but all I really care about is being able to put him down at the same time each night and actually have him go to sleep.  I feel terrible saying this but it will be nice when someone else can actually put him down for the night so I don't have to spend two hours every night doing it myself.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I wish my husband could help at night

• Options
    I can sympathize with the only one who does bedtime.  My DH works at night and I'm the only one here to do it.  DS has always been difficult to get down to sleep.  Up till a week ago he'd sleep all night, 10 hours straight, so I didn't care.  NOW he goes down well but wakes up at 3am for an hour or so wide awake.  Now I'd give anything to have the baby that took an hour to put down.  lol 
  • Options

OMG I almost exploded tonight.  DH works nights too (gets home at 12:30).  DD has been a wonderful sleeper, since birth really.  She started really sttn (9pm-5am-8am) at 10 weeks, the night before I went back to work!  We start our routine at 8, she's asleep by 9.  It's awesome!!  Tonight it took an hour to get her to sleep.  All day she was fighting sleep.  I have no clue why.  Teething, maybe?  I don't feel anything under her gums, I don't think!  This past week she's been waking at random times, almost always for a pacifier replacement, but still.  I get up at 5am for work!  Ahhhh!

I'm going to sit here in the quiet, drink this beer, and go to bed before I plot ways to get DH fired ......

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel you. DH is military and at training. It sucks having to do bedtime alone I think that is when I miss his help the most. We bedsha because she will not sleep in the crib and I dont have the energy to fight her on it.
  • Options
    Do you have a routine at night? I started doing the same things at the same time every night with DD around 2 months. She's at the point now that if we're not starting her bath by 7:30, she starts getting fussy. it was a rough week getting her into that routine, but now i have a baby asleep by 8:15 every night.
  • Options

imageMarcnShaun:
    Do you have a routine at night? I started doing the same things at the same time every night with DD around 2 months. She's at the point now that if we're not starting her bath by 7:30, she starts getting fussy. it was a rough week getting her into that routine, but now i have a baby asleep by 8:15 every night.

We did too.  Until the week and a half.  Routine schmoutine.  She went from out at 8:30 and sleeping til 6, to fighting sleep and not going down until 10 or 11, and waking anywhere from 1-3 times a night.  It's soooo frustrating! because nothing has changed about her routine all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"