Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Stay at Home & Still Messy House

Even though I'm staying home with my LO, I still feel like I have the messiest house ever!  When LO is napping, I'm either showering, fixing something to eat, or having some "me" time on the computer.  I just can't get motivated to clean.  What's wrong with me!  I just have so much pressure on myself to have a clean nice home.  Oh, did I mention I hate cleaning!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stay at Home & Still Messy House

• Options
    Same here!!  I kinda feel bad with DH comes home and things are still as messy when he left in the morning.  He doesn't seem to care too much I guess.  Maybe one day I'll actually clean up our room.  It's a disaster area!
  • Options
    imagecarlylaura:
    Even though I'm staying home with my LO, I still feel like I have the messiest house ever!  When LO is napping, I'm either showering, fixing something to eat, or having some "me" time on the computer.  I just can't get motivated to clean.  What's wrong with me!  I just have so much pressure on myself to have a clean nice home.  Oh, did I mention I hate cleaning!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecarlylaura:

OMG--- THIS EXACTLY.... I try... I feel the same way.. the little bit of time that LO sleeps I have to eat/shower/bathroom/etc... Now I know why people want more hours in the day!

• Options
    This is me as well.  It's so hard to get the motivation to clean.  I usually make DH help me clean on weekends.
  • Options
    I'm the same way.  DH doesn't mind as long as the house isn't a disaster and the dishes are done.  It's hard to be on "duty" 24/7.  I think we deserve to have a break and not do anything!
  • Options
    Yup here too!  I'm trying to get myself motivated to do more, but so far no such luck!
  • Options
    I'm with ya.  When I have some 'free time'  I don't want to spend it cleaning all the time I want to go on the computer, work on scrapbooks, baby books, etc. So when I can't stand it anymore I get DH to go in the basement to entertain the kids and I clean or we do a cleanup when they all go to bed. Then DH and I are running around cleaning everything.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I always try to remind myself that my home is LIVED in now. This place used to be spotless.... because no one was here!
  • Options
    Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one!  I always read posts about how people hate their messy houses and they can't stand when they get dirty, etc and clean right away, and I feel that way but just don't have the get up and go to actually do it.  Any free time I have I'm doing something to keep sane :oX  Nap, computer, just letting my mind go blank watching tv haha.  Thankfully my mom takes DD saturdays sometimes for a few hours and I get to deep clean the bathroom and get some serious vacuuming and dusting done.  The house still looks the same after though because it's just a disaster area.  Ugh! haha One day I'll get the hang of getting me time, watching the baby and cleaning.  Maybe once she's more self sufficient during play time.
  • Options
    While I was out on maternity leave, I found it impossible to take care of the baby and keep the house tidy...even during her 3-4 hour naps!  I don't know how some women do it.
  • Options

Glad I'm not alone!  Plus, I like to get out of the house as much as I can right now before the New England cold winter hits!  Figure I can do as much cleaning as I want once winter hits and I won't want to go outside. :)  I don't know how working moms do it...I can't even do it all and I get to stay home.

• Options

You're not alone.  This week I started a schedule for myself.  hehe...

Mondays: Laundry & Iron

Tuesday: Vacuum and dust

Wednesday: Bathroom

Thursday: Vacuum & Laundry again

Friday: Kitchen 

Then I just maintain the clutter and dishes everyday so it isn't too much.  Of course we have laundry practically everyday for the baby... the laundry on my list is for my laundry and DH's laundry.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes! =)  I try to pick things up and kind of make it look clean. =)  I'll have to do some cleaning tomorrow tho, we have company coming on Sunday.
  • Options
    When I was on maternity leave, I hardly kept the house clean. It was hard to get motivated! I finally had to get my butt into gear. Each day, I clean one thing and try and tidy up for 15-20 minutes. It seems to be helping. I just can't do it all at once.
  • Options

SAHM is more a full time job than anything I do as a WM!  You all would feel like Martha if you could see my house.  We just dodge the laundry, kick the stray shoes out of the way, and pray the dust bunnies don't multiply until we can get to them on the weekends.

It's a matter of priorities.  Outside of work, my kids are #1.  As long as they have food, shelter and clean clothes, the rest of it can wait.  They'll be grown too soon, and the mess will still be there.

• Options
    imageQmommy:

You're not alone.  This week I started a schedule for myself.  hehe...

Mondays: Laundry & Iron

Tuesday: Vacuum and dust

Wednesday: Bathroom

Thursday: Vacuum & Laundry again

Friday: Kitchen 

Then I just maintain the clutter and dishes everyday so it isn't too much.  Of course we have laundry practically everyday for the baby... the laundry on my list is for my laundry and DH's laundry.   

This schedule is a good idea. I am such a procrastinator and leave everything until the last minute. Then my list gets too long and I am too overwhelmed to even start it. I hate cleaning!

• Options
    Oh yeah, my house is much worse now than it was before the baby was born. I'm lucky if I get the dog walked and the dishwasher loaded. Forget about organizing anything or cleaning up. And we're moving in a little over a month! I have to get going.
    imageimage

• Options
    My house is a disaster area! I try to vacuum once a week. I cannot remember the last time I dusted Embarrassed, the bathroom doesn't get cleaned nearly as often as it should. I refuse to do that though because DH's family lives here and they use that bathroom (our only one) and never clean it, so why should I? Especially since I take care of DD all day and she only takes 30 minute naps. I just did sheets today. I try to do those atleast every 2 weeks. I do other laundry every few days and DH is pretty much the only one who cleans the kitchen. Oh well, I won't look back in a few years and say I wish I had cleaned my house, but I would wish I had spent more time with DD! That's how I make myself feel better.
  • Options

How about this?

I work at home (40 hours a week) and DD goes to Daycare and my house is a disaster. My carpets haven't seen a vaccuum in way too long.

• Options

FlyLady.net

She makes things manageable and stresses 15 minutes at a time. I know this is still hard sometimes, esp. if you have a LO like mine that doesn't nap. It is helping though. I am getting better! 

If you sign up you get emails daily which are a great reminder. You can opt out if you don't like them.

• Options
    While my home is not spotless it is usually tidy most days. Even when I was on leave it was neat. I may not have had all the shelves dusted and carpet vacuumed, but neat nonetheless. That said, I am a clean freak and DH knows it. He picks up a lot of stuff that is left lying around, and I do it after I put DS to bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"