Success after IF

How fast do baby feet grow?

I just got Will a pair of shoes in size 3. They are a little big, but size 2 would definitely be small before he really had a chance to wear them. Maybe he has 1/2 inch of room.

Anyway, there is a pair of shoes that I want to buy for him for Christmas, and I don't know whether to get size 3 or size 4. I know a little bit of this is every-baby-is-different, but how fast did your little one's feet grow?

Re: How fast do baby feet grow?

• It almost seemed like Isaac's feet flew to a size 4 and a half. But now he's been in a 4 and a half for about (striderite has half sizes) four months now. Maybe more.
  • marlo's feet still are too small for most newborn shoes and she is in the 68th percentile for height! theo i wearing a size 2, and i would def buy a 3 for him if i were buying more shoes. so every baby really is different!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We ususally get about 3 months out of shoes. I bought Hayden sandles in late May and he wore them through August before they got too small. I bought him some tennis shoes in August the next size up (a size 5...his sandles were a 4). They were big on him in August but he has grown into them. I am hoping that his shoes will last us through Christmas but we will see. I would probably buy him a 3 if they are for Christmas. If you want him to wear them much AFTER christmas, I would go with the 4.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't remember.  My son is in 6 (i think) and he is a big guy (but he is 21m).  He has big feet compared to kids even older than him.  I think 3 would be fine, but I know every kid is different. 

I think he was in 4 when he was 7-12m and then 5 from 12m - 16m.  These are just estimates.   I cant remember exactly.

• I think shoes are really tricky to buy in advance.

Garrison's feet were so small for the longest time.  She couldn't even wear a size 3 until she was a year old-- and then her feet were so narrow, they still fell off sometimes.  She was wearing a size 4 at 14 months and now  I just bought her a pair of 5.5 mary janes and size 6 boots so in the past 3 months she has really grown a lot.  (the 6's are a little big but since they are boots I could see getting her some thicker socks).

There was another woman at Stride Rite last night asking the same question and the sales person said they grow into the next size every 2-3 months but  that was not the case for us.  I really try to not buy shoes that she isn't going to wear right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedesabean:

I think shoes are really tricky to buy in advance.

Garrison's feet were so small for the longest time.  She couldn't even wear a size 3 until she was a year old-- and then her feet were so narrow, they still fell off sometimes.  She was wearing a size 4 at 14 months and now  I just bought her a pair of 5.5 mary janes and size 6 boots so in the past 3 months she has really grown a lot.  (the 6's are a little big but since they are boots I could see getting her some thicker socks).

There was another woman at Stride Rite last night asking the same question and the sales person said they grow into the next size every 2-3 months but  that was not the case for us.  I really try to not buy shoes that she isn't going to wear right now.

You are totally right.

BUT I love these shoes at Janie & Jack, and their friends and family sale is this weekend!! I'm such a sucker for a sale. Maybe I buy the 3s and if they don't work when we get closer to Christmas, I can just return them. :)

Thanks everyone!!

• Dillon has been wearing the same size three shoes since he was abotu 4 months old. He is a (almost) a year now
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Bella has been wearing a size 3 since she was about 11 months old.  She is just now growing out of some of them.  The size 3 sqeaker sandals are still big on her.  I have been buying size 4's for winter and they are still a little big on her.  Her foot is also really narrow, so she is hard to fit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"