Multiples
Options

take twins to activites by yourself??...

When did you do this to go somewhere like Gymboree or similar class or music class?  I really want to start taking them to something like this but I don't know if I need another person to help me with them.  If that's the case I'm probably out b/c I stay at home with them and don't have help.  I want to start getting out the house more with them but need somewhere else to go besides the mall, target, and the park!!!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: take twins to activites by yourself??...

• Options

My local library was very encouraging...even with double stroller, and even with sippy cups.  We go to storytime once/wk.  I like that it's close to home, fun, educational, free (so I don't feel pressure at this stage about whether we go or not).  Our library does toddler story time from 1-3yrs (11mos would be fine).  We didn't start going until a couple months ago, when they went to 1 nap.  Before that the timing didn't work out. 

Yeah, I also want to hit my head against the wall sometimes with the repetitive destinations.  I am loathing the park right now. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejanjag:

My local library was very encouraging...even with double stroller, and even with sippy cups.  We go to storytime once/wk.  I like that it's close to home, fun, educational, free (so I don't feel pressure at this stage about whether we go or not).  Our library does toddler story time from 1-3yrs (11mos would be fine).  We didn't start going until a couple months ago, when they went to 1 nap.  Before that the timing didn't work out. 

Yeah, I also want to hit my head against the wall sometimes with the repetitive destinations.  I am loathing the park right now. 

Thanks...never thought about the library, I will have to check and see if ours does anything like that. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto the library! We have lots of local branches close to our house and everyday of the week there is something going on. Things like puppet shows, story time, music class. And it is all FREE!!  That way if there is a melt down and you have to leave (or you don't feel like going some day) you don't feel like you are throwing your money away.
  • Options
    I signed up for Gymboree about a month ago.  I can't do it by myself.  It's hard to have circle time and clap 4 hands together with your 2 hands.  The teacher will help you if you want.  But, I always had one baby walking away and wanting to play instead of sing.  So I changed my class to a Saturday so my DH can help out.  However, I take them to the open gym time by myself.  All they do is play so I don't have to keep them involved in a song and sitting in a circle.  I do it because they love it.  But it is exhausting!  My little girl is a dare devil and I'm always running to get her from falling off of a ladder type thing while my son is playing in the trash :)  I feel like I'm the crazy one there but the babies love it and I enjoy talking if only briefly to another mom.  I would say to try a class since the first one is free and see what you think!  GL :)!
  • Options
    Our pedi's office has "growing together" classes.  I started taking the boys when they were 1 1/2 months.  I now go anywhere and everywhere with them.  Sometimes it's tricky but I figure it out!
  • Options

I haven't done any formal classes yet since the class times conflict with nap times. I belong to several meetup groups which are really active. I take the babies by myself to the meetups - playdates, coffee places, walks, children's parties, etc. Check out Meetup.com. These are free or very low cost and a great way for you to meet local moms. The other moms are great about lending a hand or keeping an eye on a baby while I grab the other one crawling away!

In addition to libraries, some Borders and Barnes & Nobles offer free story times. I haven't tried it yet though.

• Options
    imagenolachick11:
    imagejanjag:

Thanks...never thought about the library, I will have to check and see if ours does anything like that. 

I'd try Jefferson Parish libraries over Orleans Parish ones. I hear the JP ones are better. (Surprise.)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    imagepea-kay:
    imagenolachick11:
    imagejanjag:

I'd try Jefferson Parish libraries over Orleans Parish ones. I hear the JP ones are better. (Surprise.)

Ha! I figured I'd try JP first...we actually live in that parish now too!

• Options

Granted, my DDs are a little older now (22 months), but I took them to Gymboree for the first time yesterday and I did okay by myself.  It does help that they are somewhat self sufficient now and that they can do some stuff on their own and I don't have to worry quite as much when they are climbing on things. 

In terms of other places to go, we've gotten memberships to the Botanical Gardens, zoo, and aquarium, so that really helps break up the monotony of locations too (and those places I can keep them in the stroller most of the time without too much fuss). 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"