Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

do you put shoes on your LO?

I've only put shoes on LO twice for special occasions and he's outgrown that pair.  I'm looking for cute black shoes for him to wear with his holiday outfits this winter.  Any ideas where I can find inexpensive baby shoes?  I don't want to spend a lot for something he'll wear only 2 or 3 times.

Thanks!

Re: do you put shoes on your LO?

• Options
    I'm guilty of putting shoes on his feet. But they are so darn cute. I found some really cute black dress shoes at Target. I can't remember the price, but I imagine it's not that bad. 
  • Options
    i usually always put shoes on him unless i forge. you can find cute black dressy shoes for boys at childrens place i think they are like 12 dollars and you might be able to find a coupon you can use.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really don't do shoes.  I like booties, or the soft soled target ones.
  • Options
    I was thinking of asking this today too.  I put a pair on DD for her birth announcement pics because they were given to us and just too stinkin' cute!  Beyond that she has never worn shoes.  I just haven't seen the point.  Now that she's trying to stand more, using her walker and her jumperoo, I may consider a pair.  We'll see.
  • Options
    I do, but I just think its too darn cute not to. Target always has really cheap ones on clearance.
  • Options
    I've always read that barefoot or just booties/socks is best for foot development, and learning to walk.  I didn't put shoes on DS1 until I had to when he moved to the 1 year old room at DC; I didn't want to even then b/c he wasn't walking yet.  DS2 hasn't worn shoes yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep. I do! She has several pairs of shoes! They keep socks on. Especially this one pair that basically goes with everything. I get all baby shoes at Once Upon A Child.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options

I've been putting him the soft shoes on since it's getting colder here I would think they would help keep his feet warm. I ordered some and they were only $4.99 each. Very cute

https://www.cookieskids.com/Search.aspx?l=00170062006000200000&k=00170062006000200000&ViewAll=true

• Options
    If she's feeling particularly fancy I'll put shoes on her :-)
  • Options
    imagelilmom3:

I've been putting him the soft shoes on since it's getting colder here I would think they would help keep his feet warm. I ordered some and they were only $4.99 each. Very cute

https://www.cookieskids.com/Search.aspx?l=00170062006000200000&k=00170062006000200000&ViewAll=true

My husband and checkbook are sooo not liking you right now for posting this site!  TOO CUTE!  I might just have to splurge!  :)

• Options

imageCytina:
    I've always read that barefoot or just booties/socks is best for foot development, and learning to walk.  I didn't put shoes on DS1 until I had to when he moved to the 1 year old room at DC; I didn't want to even then b/c he wasn't walking yet.  DS2 hasn't worn shoes yet.

This.  We don't even own a pair of shoes for DS.  I'll buy him some Robeez when he's closer to walking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOL. I know I'm addicted!
  • Options

Just the soft-soled kind.  She also has those socks that are patterend to look like ballet slippers.

She'll definitely be wearing black shoes with her Christmas dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just bought her first pair of real shoes.  I have an entire drawer full of little mary janes in black, pink, red, and white.  I wanted a pair of sneakers for her for warmth and as pp said, to hold socks on.  I also bought her a pair of ugg style boots just because they are ridiculously cute and were on sale.
  • Options

I buy them at Walmart for $5. They have casual and dressy shoes. I think it's pointless to spend a lot on shoes before they can walk. I see all the cute ones out there and would love to buy them, but I can't bring myself to do it.

ETA: Except for this one furry pair to match some I have for DD1 and myself!

Ribbon Faux Fur Crib Boot

or these.....

These shoes on DD2 just make me laugh and laugh....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Payless has a great baby/kids shoe collection.  I'm pretty sure Walmart sells baby shoes too.
    CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Nope.  We have socks that look like shoes but I have yet to find a pair of shoes that fit her long and skinny feet.

• Options
    I have noticed that Walmart has pretty inexpensive shoes
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I put shoes on DD, especially now that it's getting colder out, socks just don't seem warm enough.  Try payless, they have cute shoes for kiddos for not too bad of a price.  Also I saw the cutest little boy dress shoes (black) at Walmart, I think they were the faded glory brand? 
  • Options
    imagelilmom3:

SQUEAL!!!

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options
    I prefer the leather ones from Target as well. Help keep her socks on!
  • Options
    DS wears Robeez.  They're not exactly cheap, but we only have a few pairs (we really only *needed* 1 pair, but they were just so darn cute!) and because it's getting pretty cold up here, I like him to have that extra layer for when we're on walks or out and about.
  • Options
    Nope, no shoes for LO until she is walking!  I don't see a need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"