Multiples
Options

sahm- pt daycare?

I feel like I am losing it over here. My babies aren't napping well, are fussy at night...they cry all the time if they are not being held. I am not eating or sleeping. My DH is doing his best to help but even the nap I get when he comes home is not helping because I am too stressed to even sleep. I hear crying or phantom crying! I am thinking about sending them to daycare two days a week or having a nanny come in...but I don't even know if this will be enough to help me make it through this. I'm not sure if this is a vent or a question. Oh well.

Re: sahm- pt daycare?

• Options

I know im not there yet, but i would say if finances allow bring in a nanny at least for a few hours a couple times a week.  Sounds like you need a breather...  Do you have family or friends who you trust to help?  Your sanity is important for everyone.  Ask for help.

Good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When I thought that I would be going back to work, I started sending mine to daycare a few days a week for just a few hours when they turned four months old. It has been super nice. I get a break to either take a nap (they are not STTN yet Sad) or clean the house. I never went back to work, and I still send them three days a week for three hours.

Part of the reason I still send them is because it is basically free. Our daycare has a grant that allows them to just charge $50 a month per family, otherwise I would not send them. We have to maintain regular status or we have to pay $3 an hour drop in rate per child.

If you are able, I would highly suggest that you find someone to help you. I'm not sure I would have made it by myself when mine were so young. I had my MIL and SILs and nieces to help me during the day. It was a life saver. Both mine had colic from about 6 weeks to 12 weeks, and it was tough but with help, It was doable.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have learned to accept any and all help offered. At first I was all "I can do it all on my own". I have a friend of my mother in law come in on Friday morning. She is a huge help. She plays with my 2 year old, helps me feed the babies, etc.

My father in law stops by daily. Just having an extra set of hands is huge! Sometimes he just rocks the babies and I can get to the laundry or a shower. 

GL! 

• Options

You're at a tough stage!  The phantom crying...hmm yes, I remember. 

Have you had your pp check up yet?  Any chance you are dealing with some PPD, or anxiety?  Not saying you are!  But, I had some anxiety (lack of sleep doesn't help) and didn't admit, or maybe recognize it till later.

The DC question is personal.  I could not have put my LOs in a daycare setting at that age.  I would/did however hire a mother's helper to come over weekday mornings.  I started this at 3mos and had a helper till about 6mos.  At that point I didn't need the help anymore and felt confident on my own... also I was getting more sleep then :) 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't send them to daycare b/c they were preemies and it was rsv season but I wish I could have.  My mom stayed with me 2 weeks after they came home from Nicu(nicu time was 23dys) Then I was on my own basically. My sister would come by and help too but never felt like enough time.  I do remember the first time I was alone with them during the day, I cried.  I felt overwhelmed but it DID get better! I napped when they did even if it was for 20 minutes are so.  They eventually got on a good schedule but it took a little bit.  It will get easier!  Hang in there!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"