Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR: Skating with the stars - really? come on!

Seriously, this is the lamest thing I think I've ever heard of.  ABC just showed a promo commercial for it.  I grew up skating, and I love skating, but throw in a bunch of b-list celebs that are already prima donnas, and this just sounds wicked laaaaame! 

Re: NBR: Skating with the stars - really? come on!

• Options

imageMay08CapeBride:
    Seriously, this is the lamest thing I think I've ever heard of.  ABC just showed a promo commercial for it.  I grew up skating, and I love skating, but throw in a bunch of b-list celebs that are already prima donnas, and this just sounds wicked laaaaame

amen

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree, but I admit I said the same thing about DWTS.  Now it's one of my guilty pleasures...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh god- that's just awful!  Honestly, though, I'll probably watch just to see them all splat on the ice.  It's going to be just like dancing with the stars where the majority of the stars are just whipped around by the professional dancers- I could dance pretty well, too, if someone was forcefully putting me where I needed to be!
  • Options
    Yeah, but some of the celebs on DWTS aren't even coordinated enough to dance...on a hard floor...nevermind on ice with skates!!  I hope they wear helmets!
  • Options
    As a former competitive skater and a coach, there is no way that this is going to go well. It takes years for someone to skate at a level that it would be pleasurable to watch.  Fox tried it a few years ago and it was a flop, I can'timagine ABC will be any more successful.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

imageorienae:
    As a former competitive skater and a coach, there is no way that this is going to go well. It takes years for someone to skate at a level that it would be pleasurable to watch.  Fox tried it a few years ago and it was a flop, I can'timagine ABC will be any more successful.

What was the show on Fox?  I don't remember this.

• Options

I thought the same thing...goofy.

• Options
    I can't remember exactly but I know that Bruce Jenner and Kristy Swanson was on it.  In fact Kristy Swanson ended up pregnant and it broke up her partner, Lloyd Eisler's marriage, then they got married last year.  It was called Skating with Celebrities.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

I'm also a lifelong competitive skater (and still compete) and had to laugh when I saw the promos for this. I actually had to Google the names of a couple of the professional partners since I had never heard of them. LOL!

(I'll probably have to check it out, though. :)

• Options

imageorienae:

Agreed!  I am also a former competitive figure skater and remember what a train wreck that show was.  On the other hand, we have a show here in Canada called Battle of the Blades that pairs former NHL hockey players with professional figure skaters (Jamie Sale, Ekaterina Gordeeva, etc...) and it is AMAZING!  They are doing lifts, throws, double twists and some men are attempting spins and jumps!  Of course, years on the ice makes all of this possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"