Toddlers: 24 Months+

Heartbroken :(

My very close friend/coworker lost her husband this weekend.  He was a police officer and was killed in a car accident while responding to a call on Saturday night.  He'd just joined the force about a year ago and we'd had lots of talks about whether she was nervous, etc.  He was the first officer to die on duty in over three years :(  He was this amazingly kind, generous, energetic, thoughtful man and they were so happy together. 

Today I found out that she is pregnant with their first child.  They'd been trying for a while, and just three weeks ago we'd gone out for dinner and drinks and talked about the families we were working to build, what we'd name future kids, all kinds of fun future plans. 

I'm so sad for her.  Though it makes me sob thinking about it, this child is a real blessing.  But I cannot imagine what it must be like to be barely pregnant right now, and the pressure knowing that this is her only chance (she is only a few weeks pregnant).  On top of all the grief she is suffering.

Tomorrow is the wake and Thursday is the funeral.  Please keep them in your thoughts :(  & thanks for listening.  I've spent the past days crying at just the thought of her situation, and I just needed to get it out.

Peru!
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Heartbroken :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"