Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

F/U to 4th degree tear horror story

Three weeks ago I posted about surgery I had to fix my poor vagina. I'd suffered a fourth degree tear during delivery and was still experiencing major pain during sex...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43778306.aspx 

Two weeks after the surgery, my dr gave me the go ahead to try sex again. And I know some of the ladies here who are experiencing pain during sex, wanted an update.

Well, good news! There was zero pain during sex, for the first time since I had the baby. What had happened was that I had scar tissue from the tear that was not able to stretch and was causing the pain. Although the surgery was rough and the recovery wasn't fun at all, it was worth it. So anyone still going through painful sex, I recommend going to see your dr to discuss your options. And thanks for the support ladies!

Re: F/U to 4th degree tear horror story

• Options
    My cousin had a fourth degree tear.  I'll have to ask her if she's experiencing pain and tell her that you're a-ok now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ahh so glad you're better! I still have a little pain... but had a 3rd degree. Did you have any other symptoms that sent you to the doc?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pain during sex was the only symptom. It was pain I'd have to wince through, and it didn't seem to be improving with time. That was why I figured I'd talk to my dr about it, and she agreed I should be pain free by now.
  • Options

I had a 3rd degree tear and experienced something similar. I had granulation tissue removed during my 6 week appointment. I still have pain though.

I'm glad things have improved for you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I remember reading your original post. I'm so glad you're feeling better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageViolet_McPurpleson:

I had a 3rd degree tear and experienced something similar. I had granulation tissue removed during my 6 week appointment. I still have pain though.

I'm glad things have improved for you. 

I had a similar issue and had to have 3 removed. Might be worth bringing up to ur doc that you r still in pain.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have been getting the lido-cane shots for my pain, I have 3 more installments and if they don't help my doctor will be doing the surgery on my scar tissue/nerve damage, did they knock you out for it, or just numb you up? I am very nervous about this.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"