Multiples
Options

What brand of formula do you use?

I'm headed back to work soon, and I'm thinking I might have to supplement during the day. I just do not get the amount they need when I pump. So, just in case and so that I can start prepaing, I'm doing research about formula.

My boys haven't had formula since they were supplemented in the hospital, and that was Similac. But, honestly, I feel a little nervous about Similac since the whole beetles/recall incident. 

What do you use and why? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What brand of formula do you use?

• Options

We started with Similac in the hospital and the babies have done great on it. My Pediatrician recommended it, as well. Similac has made great efforts to rectify the whole beetle thing. It was a voluntary recall on their behalf and the liquid formula has not been affected. I wouldn't let a recall dissuade you from a quality product. Recalls happen all the time and in my experience, Abbott Labs handled the inconvenience properly. Plus, they dropped the price, so that's always nice. If you buy the liquid in cases at BRU, it works out to be only $4.16 a bottle. A little pricier than the powder, but oh so convenient!

Just my 2 centsSmile 

• Options

My boys have been on Similac since the hospital and have been doing great on Similac Sensitive.  I'm pretty impressed with how they handled the recall, esp with the fact it was voluntary.  Much better than how Pampers is handling the whole dry max mess.

Honestly if I were you, I'd start them on the store brand and see if they'll tolerate that.  If they will, awesome, you'll save a bundle (and they still get all of their nutrients).

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DDs were started on Similac in the hospital so we used that for a few months (long before the recall).  Then we got smart and switched to the Costco Kirkland brand.  They did great on it and we saved a ton over Similac. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    We use Similac Neosure since they were premies, but I'd love to get them switched to something with a generic equilivant.  Hopefully DS2 will be ready soon.  DS1 is still too small probably.
  • Options

We use Target Up and Up or Parents Choice Advantage. Its the same stuff, made by the same company so I just get it at whichever store Im at. Its compared to Similac Advance. My boys do great on it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are now on Similac Sensitive. I tried the target brand and the girls just can't take it.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    we tried them all and had did the best on good start. i would try to get them on generic though cause you will save yourself a ton of money.?
  • Options
    We started with enfamil and now use target brand- they do great on it!
  • Options
    We use BJ's generic.
  • Options
    Started with Sim Neosure in the hospital and because they were preemie.  When we were able to switch, we went to reg Similac Advance.  We bought it at Costco and it was right next to the Costco formula and so one day I thought we'll just try the costco stuff.  It's been great and we've been using it ever since.  GL!
  • Options
    We use target up & up or the Parent's Choice. It is so much cheaper and they don't have any issues with it. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Enfamil Gentlease.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"