Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 month old Sleeping on his side...

should I be worried about this?  Last night I woke up and checked on aiden around 3 am.  He was sleeping soundly on his side, he's been trying to successfully do this for a few nights and I keep putting him back on his back.   Should I keep putting him back on his back?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: 4 month old Sleeping on his side...

• Options
    Everything I've read says if they can get themselves into a position (side/tummy), it's safe to leave them.  My boys started on their side for a couple nights before moving to their tummy full time.  And they sleep a TON better on their tummy too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think the side is fine...especcially if he is getting there on his own.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dd started doing this around 4 months as well. she slept much better that way so i let her be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO does this too, never seemed to be a problem.
  • Options

DD has been sleeping on her side for several weeks. I put her down on her back and she immediately rolls over to the side.

I'm not worried, because she usually switches sides throughout the night, so I know she can roll back over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageHaven1:
    Everything I've read says if they can get themselves into a position (side/tummy), it's safe to leave them.  My boys started on their side for a couple nights before moving to their tummy full time.  And they sleep a TON better on their tummy too.

Ditto this. DD loves sleeping on her tummy. Most of the time I have to put her down on her tummy if she is going to stay asleep.

• Options
    DS has been a side sleeper from early on.  I start him on his back, but don't readjust him if he moves unless he is face first into the side of the crib.
  • Options
    My DS sleeps on his side.. it is the ONLY way he will sleep in his crib.. and I have to put a rolled blanket behind and in front so he stays there.. I know it is not what you are "supposed" to do but it is the only way he will sleep!!
  • Options

The only way that DS will stay asleep in his crib for longer than 10 min is if I lay him on his back and he immediately rolls to his side.

If I lay him on his side he wakes up or if he doesnt roll to his side on his own he wakes up! So I know that he's down for good when he does it all by himself!

DS born 6/16/10. Natural m/c on 10/3/11 @ 10w4d Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"