Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR: Anyone have wavy hair? HELP!

Ughhh I am so frustrated with my hair! I have been growing it out for some time now so it's long, almost to the middle of my  back, and looks great when I straighten it. Or I can put mousse in, scrunch it a little, and blowdry with a diffuser and it looks okay for a few hours (but just greasy and crunch by the end of the day!) My hair is naturally kind of straight on stop and really wavy underneath and at the ends. If I just let it air dry it looks awful. Anyone know of some kind of product I could put in so I could just wear it natural and wavy looking? I don't have the time to straighten it every day and I'm tired of wearing it pulled back in a pony tail every single day!!!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: Anyone have wavy hair? HELP!

• Options

I have a Keratin treatment done every 3-6 months...its a permanent straightener.  Its a bit pricey, about $100 an hour, but I have super thick hair and its worth it to me!

ETA: I have the Copolla treatment done, not the Japanese...it supposedly is formaldehyde free (although I think I researched and there is a small amount)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Ok, I have the same EXACT hair.  It's kinda straight on the top and super wavy underneath (I'm talking wringlets) and at the bottom.  So... when I straighten it, I found that Chi straighteners are the BEST.

When I wear it curly, I use moose and a little bit of hair gel which helps it keep it's hold.  I then use a little spritz hair spray after I blow dry and that helps a lot.

While it's still wet, I use Bumble & Bumble defrizz and it works like a charm.  And, b/c it tends to not be as curly at the top, I pull the center of my hair back with a little bump and use bobby pins to keep it in place.

Those are today's stylin' tips with Jenni. ;) 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

Ok, I have the same EXACT hair.  It's kinda straight on the top and super wavy underneath (I'm talking wringlets) and at the bottom.  So... when I straighten it, I found that Chi straighteners are the BEST.

When I wear it curly, I use moose and a little bit of hair gel which helps it keep it's hold.  I then use a little spritz hair spray after I blow dry and that helps a lot.

While it's still wet, I use Bumble & Bumble defrizz and it works like a charm.  And, b/c it tends to not be as curly at the top, I pull the center of my hair back with a little bump and use bobby pins to keep it in place.

Thanks for today's tips haha! I LOVE my Chi straightener! Where do you buy the Bumble & Bumble product? And when you use that can you let your hair air dry and it looks decent?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAngelEyes06:
    imagemrs.jenni:

Thanks for today's tips haha! I LOVE my Chi straightener! Where do you buy the Bumble & Bumble product? And when you use that can you let your hair air dry and it looks decent?

https://www.bumbleandbumble.com/search/search_results.tmpl?query=defrizz

But you can do a product search through Google to find it cheaper!  I've never tried to just letting it air dry.  I have a feeling it wouldn't go well ;) 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

When I don't feel like straightening my wavy hair I do this:

I use Matrix Biolage conditioner in the shower & run my fingers through it then put it up in a towel for a while.  Then I spray in Pantene leave in conditioning spreay w/ detangler.  Then I use a bit of loreal gel & sperate the curls/waves with my fingers.  If it seems frizzy I use Mark Anthony mousse.  I either sleep on it wet (I know that sounds scary but it actually looks good when I wake up) or use a diffuser.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    I only wash my hair every other day so I only need to straigten it after it's been washed. Even though it doesn't look as "fresh" the next day it works for me. If you have oiliness issues you can always use dry shampoo on the non-washing day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had hair like yours. I would air dry and just add a few "pretty" waves in the front and on top with a curling iron.

I just recently chopped it off though and am SO happy I did. I pretty much got this haircut.I can either straighten it like this or let it airdry (I might just smoth out the bangs) and it looks cute either way.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i second the bumble and bumble products. they are fabulous.

and dangerkitty, love your siggy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't read all the posts but, my solution is super easy and free. When you rinse out your conditioner in the shower, just turn your head upside down and scrunch your hair to rinse the conditioner out. Then when you get out, towel dry it in the same manner, just scrunching and tousling it in the towel. Then flip your head up and arrange it how you want. No combing or brushing needed. You can spritz it with some hairspray to keep it but yeah. Works like a charm for me! I hate the crunchy feel!!  I think rinsing hair standing up makes it straighten out too much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same type of hair and I just tried the new Garnier Fructis blow dry perfector and it worked great! After following the directions I just blow dried my hair while brushing with a round brush and it came out perfectly smooth and straight no flat iron needed. I didn't need to do anything for the next two days. I washed on the third day and blow dried again, same results. I just washed for the 2nd time last night and it wasn't quite as smooth again so I'm not sure it's going to last through the 7 shampoos like it claims but I guess I'll see when I fix my hair in the morning. It worked like a miracle calming my slightly frizzy wavy hair. Supposedly you can use it to achieve a smooth wavy look as well by not brushing straight while blow drying but I' haven't tried that yet.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"