2nd Trimester
Options

Did any "accidentally" find out sex of baby??

We were team green for our first and DH doesn't want to find out this time.  I'm on the fence really--I could go either way, but siding with team green again. 

So I went for an u/s today to check the cyst on the ovary (it's gone! YEAH).,...and the awesome tech was doing lots of pics and did a 3d one that was full frontal....and this little "peg" is sticking out and she's like "it sure looks like boy parts but it's the umbilical cord.....yeah, it's the umbilical cord"  (this was after I told her we didn't want to find out the sex).

So she didn't tell me the sex and hoping no reports do either.....but I remember at our 20 wks u/s with DS she said "he" (after we said we didn't want to know...) and she said she just uses he for everything.....but I really think it was a slip...especially since we did end up with a boy. 

Oh--and looking at the screen she did a shot that was looking up through the feet and the legs were open--I couldn't really tell much but wasn't looking hard either--in fact, looked away.  LOL.  So I'm afraid I'm going to find out "accidentally".....

has that happened to anyone?

ETA:  I should add that I know it's still early and that probably looking at a screen quickly won't show much right now anyways-but scared of the 20 wk u/s.

Re: Did any "accidentally" find out sex of baby??

• Options
    We are team green and after our u/s the midwife said 'he' looks great. I didn't address it and chose to think it's a slip and that she interchanges he and she. I have had a few other tests with nurses who used 'he' and there is no way they could have known the sex so technically we are still team green. 
  • Options
    You're 13 wks?  It's too early to know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At my best friend's anatomy scan, the tech supposedly let it slip that she was going to have a boy.  I say supposedly because I know her husband was really against finding out, but he wasn't at the scan, so I'm suspicious that she found out on purpose, not on accident.

How horrible of a friend am I that I am suspicious of my best friend?  Stick out tongue

image image

• Options
    I think since youre only 13 weeks I wouldnt think about the little 'peg' sticking out. It most likely was the umbilical cord at that point.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here:

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Females have a little "peg" at some point, too...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if this is any consoluation but my friend is an ultrasound tech and they taught her in school to pick a sex and always stick with it so everyone in her classes always referred to the baby as "he" to every family that didn't want to know; this way she's always using the same word and doesn't have to insensativley call the baby an "it".
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Nugget has not been afraid to show off his goods. There is no way that we wouldn't have found out unless we didn't look at the screen.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

With DD #1 I told the Dr I didn't want to know, dip**** practically shouted that it was a girl!  I was like really, are you kidding me? It hadn't even been but a minute since I told him either. But I was also 23 weeks when this happened. (First ultrasound they couldn't get all the measurments and such). This time around I just said forget it, I want to know.

• Options

We haven't found out either time and it's been pretty easy.  I just remind them that I don't want to know every time they do an ultrasound.  And the doctor this time told me he doesn't even look if we don't want to know.  He looks in the general area to see what he needs to see, anatomy-wise, but tells himself not to look at the genitals.  I thought that was pretty funny.

I think it must have been the umbilical cord at 13 weeks.  My understanding is at that point, everything looks pretty much the same.  It's more about the angle or something, so you as a non-professional wouldn't be able to tell.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I had a friend who was told boy at 16 weeks and was really having a girl.  I mentioned it to my tech and she said that is incredibly common and "everybody sticks out before 17 weeks."  Another friend was told boy at 12 weeks and it seemed very obvious - her husband spent the next 8 weeks talking about how big his son's penis was (no joke).  But it was a girl!

So even if you WERE seeing parts and not cord, it could still very easily be a girl.  She would still have plenty sticking out.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"