Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Anyone's LO not gain much weight btwn 2-4 months?

I've been concerned DS hasn't gained much weight so 2 weeks ago I brought him to the pedi for a weight check. He was 11.11 at 2 months and 13 at 3 months 10 days. He went from 50th % to 40th %. (He did grow almost 2.5 inches in length) The pedi wasn't concerned about the drop in %.

As a side (probably connected) issue, I've also had trouble with BFing so I chatted with a LC on Sat and went in today to have DS weighed. According to her scale he did not gain any weight in 2 weeks. We're going back on Friday for another weight check to see if it was a difference in the scale. I'm very concerned though that he's not gaining weight. 

Andrew James born 7/9/10 @ 7:13pm - 7lbs 14oz & 20in Baby #2: EDD 11/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone's LO not gain much weight btwn 2-4 months?

• Options
    DD gained 1lb between 3 and 4 months, but then she gained 1 lb and 11oz in the next month. She kept drinking the same amount of formula, so I am not sure what the difference was. Pedi was not concerned when she only gained 1lb in a month either. She is now (@5.5 months) about 15lbs and over 27" long.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

hi hon... sorry to hear about your concerns. LO gets weighed on wendesday for her 4 month appt and i'm a little nervous about it because i don't think she's gained that much. her weight has always been all over the place and she's bounced between the 25th-50th percentiles. ha, even in the womb she was bouncing between those percentiles!

how's the bf'ing going?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You can see DDs stats in my siggy but she gained almost nothing between 3 & 4 months. I was a little worried but my pedi didn't bat an eye! She dropped from 76% to 50%. She said that most likely it is because she is awake and "active" more. I EBF so I have no clue how much she gets but pedi said as long as she is still peeing/pooping good then there is no concern!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesomeflower6:

hi hon... sorry to hear about your concerns. LO gets weighed on wendesday for her 4 month appt and i'm a little nervous about it because i don't think she's gained that much. her weight has always been all over the place and she's bounced between the 25th-50th percentiles. ha, even in the womb she was bouncing between those percentiles!

how's the bf'ing going?

Hi there! I just posted on PAL too.... It's been better but still not how it was. I change my mind daily on what the "cause" could be. I can't stop thinking about it. Now I'm thinking even more that it's something with BFing since he's not gaining weight. 

Andrew James born 7/9/10 @ 7:13pm - 7lbs 14oz & 20in Baby #2: EDD 11/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    B weighed 11 lbs at 2m and 12.3 lbs at 4m.  She dropped from the 50th percentile to the 25%.  Our pedi wasn't concerned and said it's normal for EBF babies to level off in weight gain at that age . . .
  • Options
    We had the same problem too. I was worried she wasn't getting enough bm and I was all stressed. She only gained 8 oz between her 2 month and 3 month appt. She is now 12.1lbs and I did all that worring for nothing. She is just a little peanut.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Reading this makes me feel a little better.  I'm struggling with DS1 since I constantly compare him to DS2 who's much bigger.  DS2 was in the 13% at 3 months while DS1 was less than 3%.  There's an even bigger difference between them now, and I'm very anxious to get them back to the pedi for their 4 month check up.

(Of course it doesn't help that my mother is CONVINCED something is wrong with him and constantly asks when I'm going back to the pedi to get him weighed.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was surprised b/c ds gained the same amount from month 1 to 2 as he did from month 2 -4.  He dropped from 85th to 65th so I wasn't really worried.  I did think he would've gained more though.  And I think he gained under 1lb from month 3 to 4.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"