Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I can't stop rocking my Ds!!!!!

The only way my Ds will go to sleep is if I rock him! I have to rock him for about 20-40 minutes and he only sleeps for 30! He now screams and kicks while I am rocking him, which makes me think he is done with it. So last week I tried Ferber and he just cried and cried. I should say screamed and screamed!! The first night he screamed for an hour and a half and finally fell asleep holding my finger! He won't go to sleep for naps! Ferber says that after 30 minutes of crying end the nap if they have not gone to sleep. So he just would never nap and just cry! I can't take the crying anymore, so I am back to rocking.?

I have also tried putting him down drowsy but he just screams the minute I put him down. I feel like I have tried everything and don't know what to do! Any advice?????

Re: I can't stop rocking my Ds!!!!!

• Options
    Do you have a swing?  Maybe you could try this...then slowly transition to stopping the swing after he is asleep..etc.  This would at least give you some time to get something done.
  • Options
    Well, my possible unpopular advice is to keep rocking him. Doesn't sound like he's ready for self soothing. What has helped us get DD down a little easier, especially for naps, is to catch her as soon as we see any sleepy signs....at the first eyerub or yawn, we start the process of getting her down, which for us, is nursing her to sleep or rocking if I'm not there. Maybe he is fighting you because he's overtired?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAbJams:
    Well, my possible unpopular advice is to keep rocking him. Doesn't sound like he's ready for self soothing. What has helped us get DD down a little easier, especially for naps, is to catch her as soon as we see any sleepy signs....at the first eyerub or yawn, we start the process of getting her down, which for us, is nursing her to sleep or rocking if I'm not there. Maybe he is fighting you because he's overtired?

This. He might not be ready yet. I still rock/nurse DS because I don't think he is quite ready yet from the times we tried to put him down drowsy but awake.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I may be in the minority here, but keep rocking him.  I get parents wanting to sleep but if rocking him is the way you get it.....keep doing it.  Those little moments together aren't going to last forever, & you won't have a 14yr old who still needs to be rocked because he can't put himself to sleep.  I do think that if he is fighting it HARD, he may be over tired.
  • Options
    Keep rocking him! He will be grown before you know it then you will miss it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"