New Jersey Babies

can you recommend a RE in central NJ

After 1 m/c and TTC for a year I am starting to look into making the switch over to an RE.

I have no friends that have been through IF and don't even know where to start with finding one.

So I though perhaps some of you might have recommendations. I live in Piscataway near Rutgers and work in Freehold. I don't know how important it is to have one that is close to you.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can you recommend a RE in central NJ

• I believe RMA has an office in Somerset. I was a patient at their Morristown office.

www.rmanj.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hi

i went to the center for advanced reproductive medicine and fertility in edison.  i saw dr corsen.  i was ttc for over a year.  i went there, he suggested iui.  i am pregnant on my second cycle, due in early july.  they are all very nice in the office...good luck to you.

• Loading the player...
  • RMA in Morristown. Dr. Drew is great. All the doctors are good there.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • hey! I went to SIRM  for my dd thats in bedminister got pg on first ivf/icsi cycle

then i went to Dr.Corsan at the Advance REPRODUCTIVE CENTER  in Edison ......And now we are pregnant with our twins due in feb they are ivf/icsi/ah babies

• imagerf11:

I believe RMA has an office in Somerset. I was a patient at their Morristown office.

www.rmanj.com

I went to their office in Somerset & loved Dr. Hock. We saw several others doctors throughout my pregnancies, and loved them all though. I'm so sorry that you are going through this, it's certainly not the route that anyone would wish to go down. Good luck! 

Oh, one more thing... I think that it is important to find someone close to home or work. RMA holds most of their appointments when you are actively trying or are pregnant during early morning hours 6-7:30am, so unless you want to get up even earlier in the morning, I would recommend finding someone close. 

BFP#1 1/27/09 :: Natural m/c 2/6/09 @ 6w
    BFP#2 5/11/09 :: Natural m/c 5/27/09 @ 5w5d
    BFP#3 7/24/09 :: Missed m/c, baby stopped growing at 6w4d :: natural m/c 8/28/09 @ 8w6d
    BFP #4 11/27/09 :: DD born 7/27/10
    BFP #5 2/29/12 :: DD born 11/6/12

• imagerf11:

I believe RMA has an office in Somerset. I was a patient at their Morristown office.

www.rmanj.com

I went to their office in Somerset & loved Dr. Hock. We saw several others doctors throughout my pregnancies, and loved them all though. Good luck! 

BFP#3 7/24/09 :: Missed m/c, baby stopped growing at 6w4d :: natural m/c 8/28/09 @ 8w6d

• imagerf11:

www.rmanj.com

I went to their office in Somerset & loved Dr. Hock. We saw several others doctors throughout my pregnancies, and loved them all though. Good luck! 

• Kelly - Hi remember me? Sorry to hear about your m/c.

I HIGHLY recommend Dr William Ziegler and the ENTIRE staff at Reproductive Science Center of NJ.  It is a HUGE family atmosphere and as far as I'm concerned, I can't imagine a better doctor, with all my husband and I went through.

I'm PMing you my email. Feel free to contact me.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I second the recommendation for the Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine in Edison. I am also using Dr. Corson - I've only received my diagnosis last week but so far, I think he's great. We also have close friends that used Dr. Qasim from the same office and they are 13 weeks along. They went to a different facility prior and had 2 unsuccessful IVFs.
    dx: me - stage IV endo, elevated FSH DH - mobility/morphology issues IVF #1 12/13/10 - 5dt 2 blasts Beta 1 12/23/10 - 84 Beta 2 12/28/10 - 480 M/C 12/29/10 Beta 2 230 :*( IVF #2 2/28/11 ER 3/5/11 ET - 1 blast, 1 morula 3/15/11 Beta
  • I used IVF NJ, and loved them.  Their main office is in Somerset (where they do IVF procedures), but they also have a satellite office in Freehold (as well as other places).  Good luck!
  • I used RMANJ too.  I loved my doctor Dr. Drews but all the doctors were great!
  • I am a patient of RMA of Morristown - Dr. Bergh (who is awesome). That practice and all of the doctors there are great! After trying for a year, we did ovulation injectibles with timed intercourse in Sept. I didn't get pregnant. In Oct. we did artificial insemination and I'm pregnant! I'm still going to RMA for monitoring since it's so early in my pregnancy. I would recommend them to anyone! They have offices in a number of counties throughout NJ. I would look into them. Good luck to you!
  • I used IVF NJ in Somerset - they were wonderful. My main doctor was Dr. Susan Treiser, who was great. They have a couple of other offices, one in Freehold. Thanks to IVF, I'm now 29 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins.
  • I've also really liked IVF NJ in Somerset (now pregnant with #1 :))  I preferred them over RMA NJ for two reasons:

1) IVF NJ has their doctors, not their nurses, call you personally on a daily basis during your cycle.  That made a huge difference to me.  I adore nurses and think they all deserve sainthood, but I felt much more confident knowing that a RE was looking at my progression every single day.

2) IVF NJ has similar success rates as RMA NJ but is about half the size.  This is hugely important for monitoring visits.  RMA NJ is such a massive high traffic disaster on weekday mornings that they actually put out free bagels, knowing that you will be waiting at least 90 minutes for a five-minute exam by one of their 10+ harried doctors who doesn't know your name and has only the vaguest idea of why you're there.  In the meantime, you'll get a bloodtest from a phlebotomist who doesn't know your name and doesn't like their job (I had 5 visits, met 5 phlebotomists, and heard 5 different independently-offered stories about how much each of them didn't like their job and felt crushed by the workload). 

At IVF NJ, you'll wait 30 minutes tops, the nurses will know your name, the doctors will know your history, and when you get a BFP, it will be a cause for celebration there (mine was ... I got hugged by so many people that I seriously almost started to cry)

I know that many people like RMA NJ, especially women who feel very connected to their RE there.  That being said, I didn't.  It was just way too massive and impersonal for me.  This is probably in large part because I strongly disliked my doctor there.  I felt she gave medical advice that was clearly against my best interest, prescribed a course of action that any layperson could tell obviously wasn't going to work, needed a reminder on my name the third time that I met her, never called me unless I asked her to, and couldn't have cared less about anything that I just wrote.  My nurse there was a very nice woman, and I think she actually did care, but she accidentally handed me blank prescriptions and a printout of an email from ANOTHER PATIENT with personal medical information on it. 

In closing, I went with IVF NJ and was pregnant via IVF seven weeks later.

D (34), J (37) and T3 (ages 2, 2 and brand new)
    Nov '10: IVF#1: BFP! Girl. Missed m/c at 14 weeks. Devastated
    Apr '11: IVF#2: BFP! Twin Girls born on Dec 3, 2011 at 31w5d! One month in NICU.
    Oct '13: IVF#3: BFP! Girl born Jun 19, 2014 at 38w3d!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"