Multiples
Options

Ahh, tomorrow is the big day!

I am such a mix of emotions!!  I couldn't sleep last night, and luckily have some Tylenol PM left for tonight cause I'm gonna need it!  I am so excited to meet these little girls.  I'm scared and anxious about the c-section.  I had a great recovery when I had my DD, but obviously am worried about any complications and since it's scheduled I've had so much time to think about everything!  I'm sad that my DD will no longer be an only child and the center of our world, but am also happy to welcome two more daughters into our family.  I just can't wait for tomorrow to be over with!!!  Please tell me this is all normal!

Oh and another issue is that DD seems to have gotten a cold now!  She was coughing a lot last night, so now I am worried she won't be able to meet the babies for a couple days!!  I cant go that long without seeing her so I don't know what to do! 

Re: Ahh, tomorrow is the big day!

• Options

I could have written this exact post...only in 2 days from now. I'm feeling the same way.  I'm so anxious to see my girls and hold them, but I'm scared for the reality of life to set in once we get home.

Oh, and DD has had a cold and cough over the last week that we can't seem to shake!   I keep hoping she gets rid of this soon.

All the best to you and your family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck! It's definitely normal to have all those feelings. T&P that everything goes smoothly and as planned. I found that my anxiety before hand definitely was way worse than the reality. All that expectation really can get you ramped up and after it was all said and done, my worries were unnecessary. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!  I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.  Hope all goes well and that you have a wonderful recovery.  I was really scared too, up until the first baby was born...then all the fears went out the window.  Enjoy your day/night with your husband and little and tomorrow, enjoy your two new littles!  
  • Options
    Congrats and GL
  • Options

Congratulations! ...as soon as you meet them, you will soon feel relaxed you have 3 wonderful girls.  SmileSmileSmile

And now your DD will have not 1, but 2 siblingsSmileSmile!! Double the fun!

as for her cold...if she's coughing a lot... here's an idea... (when my nieces were that age, I brought them masks that tie (from the hospital where I worked)...and those paper blue scrub gowns, and a scrub hat.  They had fun dressing up in them.  She could play dress up, and keep her germs in her mask.  ?  Just ask a nurse...she can grab you some. Hope that idea doesn't sound too goofy?

GL tomorrow!

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't had my babies yet but I know what you mean about a mix of emotions!!! Wishing you all the best and a big congrats!!!!!!! You will get to meet our little ones tomorrow. All the best to you-
  • Options
    Best of luck tomorrow.  I hope it all goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery.  Enjoy your two new bundles!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

First of all, Congrats!!!! You made it!  All of your feelings are totally normal.  I was a blubbering mess the morning I left for my induction and thanks to my FIL there are pictures.  I cried all the way to the hospital because I felt like I was ruining DS's life.  Your DD will love them.  DS had a bit of a rough start but now he kisses and hugs them every chance he gets. 

Just remind your DD not to touch the babies on their face, touch their feet.  My twins got their first cold at 3 weeks from DS and I just reminded myself that it will build their immune system. 

• Options
    Good luck tomorrow!
    BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board