Infertility

On what day of cycle do they normally do an HSG?

Need to schedule one they said call the day AF rears her ugly face.

Re: On what day of cycle do they normally do an HSG?

• I was told to schedule mine between CDs 7-12.  Between your period and ovulation.
    Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
  • My RE prefers between day 7 and 10 of your cycle. After AF and before ovulation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think mine liked between days 5 and 10.
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • They did mine on day 11 - but my HSG and my sono one.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• I did mine on day 8. They said after bleeding stops andbefore ovulation. I would recommend as soon after AF as possible because mine was really unpleasant (it was very painful - probably due to a blocked tube - and I had an unpleasant experience and jsut felt "gross" after, and I had a discharge with the dye still coming out for about 3 days) all of which meant I had NO interest in being intimate with my husband. Fortunately, since I did it on day 8, I wasn't yet ovulating and now 3 days later I am back to normal just in time for ovulation so we don't miss our chance to try and conceive this month.

Also, I was told it wouldn't be that bad. THe doctor's office said I didn't even need to take anything. The ladies on here suggested 3 or 4 Ibuprofin and I took 3. Thank god! The procedure was very painful for me even with the Ibuprofin. Some people jsut feel pressure, for me it was just really awful. I am not trying toscare you, I would jsut rather have known to prepare myself mentally ( a few ladies on here said they had a painful experience so I had a little heads up). Good thing is that it only lasts about a minute and then its over and the pain subsides pretty soon after. Also don't forget to take antibiotics for 2 days before to prevent an infection. Good luck with it. I'm hoping for an all clear for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

• Mine was on CD9.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• I think mine was to be scheduled between Days 5-7
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"