Options

Any runners out there? :)

• how long have you been running? 
  • what's your average mpw pre-bfp ?
  • what's your average mpw post_bfp?
  • anything else you'd like to share?

Re: Any runners out there? :)

• Options

I want to be a runner so bad and was just at the beginning of my training to run a half marathon before I hurt my lower back and then the BFP.

Hopefully I can learn from you runners after the baby so I can whip my butt into shape quickly.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Options
      Choco chick, wow cool! I guess the half will need to wait until after :) 
    • Loading the player...
    • Options

I run! To be honest, I haven't since I got my BFP..I'm scared! I workout 4 days a week or so and have been walking the dog. I might run tomorrow, they might make us at the gym cause it's so nice out!

Pre-BFP I ran 5K in about 25 minutes. Now I would probably slow it down, probably to 30 minutes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    • Options

I used to be from 5K's to a half marathon, but haven't raced anything this year.I only started about 3 years ago. I'm a soccer player and had a hard adjustment after college when I was no longer playing everyday. I took up running, DH joined me and it became our thing.

I still plan to get back running this fall.

My avg falls between 8:30-10:00 minute miles.
      Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options
      I ran 40 miles a week pre BFP at around 8 minute pace.  Now I walk around 4 miles a day.  I asked the Dr. if running was okay and she said as long as my hr doesn't go above 150.  She didn't seemed to happy I was going continue running, so I decided to walk.  I don't miss it at all.  It's a nice break from the daily grind!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I was a runner in high school and had just started getting back into it again this fall when I got the BFP.  I was doing the couch to 5K program and loved it.  My heart rate gets up pretty high though and I wasn't doing it enough to feel like I'm "used to it".  I kept getting a cold, or my daughter was sick, or we were busy so I wasn't going every other day as I'd planned.  I plan to take it down to week 1 or just do 30 minutes of fast walking a few times a week during pg.  Then get back on the saddle 6 weeks PP.

I may talk to my OB and one of the trainers at my gym about what they consider safe for pregnancy when you weren't super active to begin with.  I hope to continue doing the weight machines if its "allowed".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
      I've been a runner for about a year now. I was doing 5ks in my area and started training for a half marathon in Feb when I found out I was pregnant. I had gotten to the point in my training plan where my long run was supposed to be 8 miles and I tested the day before. The half will be my goal post pregnancy.
      BabyFetus Ticker
    • Options
      I started in June and ran my first Half 1 week before I got my BFP. I can't run anymore due to previous complications, so it's been 2 weeks and although I miss it, it's a great reason to have stopped!
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "