June 2011 Moms

8 week u/s

I have my first u/s in nov at 8 weeks. I wanted to know if anyone has had and u/s around this time? What should I expect?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 8 week u/s

• I had an u/s at 8 weeks with DS. It was an internal one (which I lovingly call the cootchie cam). My OB just did some measurements, gave me my due date, saw the hb and I think that's about it.

I have my 1st appointment this Friday and I think I'll be about 8 weeks.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

That's DS at 8w (he's facing left, head up)

I got the dildocam (nothing scary, a little uncomfortable when my OB checked my ovaries).  Doesn't look like much now but you'll definitely be able to see the heart flickering away.  The NT scan at 12 weeks actually looks like a baby  :) 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! Yeah I would like to see the heart bet. So 12 weeks it will look human lol. I think I am going to make my second u/s around 16 weeks to try to see the sex. With my first I only got one u/s. So I am looking forward to many more.
  • imagethomas2013:
    Thanks ladies! Yeah I would like to see the heart bet. So 12 weeks it will look human lol. I think I am going to make my second u/s around 16 weeks to try to see the sex. With my first I only got one u/s. So I am looking forward to many more.

16 weeks is kind of a borderline. Your anatomy scan should be done between 18-20 weeks that way you know they will get all the images they need. So much stuff that has to be evaluated: spine, kidneys, diaphragm, stomach, bladder, cranial anatomy, cord, etc. The sex is actually the least important of them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"