Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Funeral attire?

What should DD wear to a funeral?  Just nomal clothes?  Black?  LOL!  Wake is tomorrow, funeral on Wednesday.  TIA!

Re: Funeral attire?

• can you *not* bring her?

if you have to take her - just something nice. doesnt have to be black.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I have to bring her.  It's DH's family and everyone will be there.  I don't speak to my family so that leaves no one to watch her!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss...I agree with pp about something nice...maybe she'll be a little bit of sunshine for DH's family right now...
  • I think babies are excluded from that tradition. I brought DD to my neighbors viewing when she was 2 months or so. I had her in a grey ruffle sundress & cardigan with funky striped leggings. My neighbor would've struck me dead if I showed up in 100% black and put Lilly in all black. She was a fan of the crazy leggin' & my ruffle turquoise ballet flats. Honestly, it made the guests smile to see the baby & her leggings and I know my neighbor would've wanted it no other way really.
  • DH's family is awesome.  I thought DD might make things a bit ... easier.  Some family is flying in from out of state and I'll know they'll enjoy seeing/meeting her!

Thanks!

• If you have to bring her I would just put her in something nice that she will be comfortable in. You don't have any friends you could trust her with for a few hours? A funeral really isn't something I would bring my baby to.
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • DD was 9 weeks at a funeral. She just wore a cute pink layette/dress. We made sure though, once she was squeeking to take her out; DH I think appreciated that most because he was able to leave the room a bit and use her as an excuse!
  • imagepaxilchyk:
    If you have to bring her I would just put her in something nice that she will be comfortable in. You don't have any friends you could trust her with for a few hours? A funeral really isn't something I would bring my baby to.

Actually, I don't.  Hence my, "That leaves no one to watch her!" comment.  Thanks ....

• Shes not asking whether yall think she should take her DD or not, shes asking what she should wear.

Like PP said, Something comfy and cute, definitely not black.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCheyenneShaw:

Shes not asking whether yall think she should take her DD or not, shes asking what she should wear.

Like PP said, Something comfy and cute, definitely not black.

:)  Thanks!!

• I wouldn't put her in something brightly colored, like hot pink, red, orange...

Muted or lighter colors would be appropriate. Very pale pink, gray, navy, white, sage green, etc.

Something comfortable for her, and as cute as possible. I think that babies that go to funerals often are reminders of the cycle of life and bring some hope/joy to those in attendance. I understand why you would need to bring her. Like pp said, it may even be a bit of a welcome break for you or your SO if she needs to be taken away from the event for a little bit.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Something nice and comfy.  It doesn't have to be black, but you want her to be at least semi-dressy.

I took DS to a funeral when he was almost 3mo old.  It was out of state for a VERY close family member and there was absolutely no one to watch him.  He did great and people loved to see him.  I just put him in a 1 piece collared outfit.  It wasn't overly dressy or anything but it was more than the onesie and shorts that he was wearing at the time.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would just put her in something nice, it doesn't have to be black. DS wore a velour one-piece to my grandfather's funeral last week.

Everyone really appreciated him being there because it lightened the mood a bit. I was afraid he would distract from the real meaning of the day, but everyone was happy we brought him. Sorry for your loss.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageamy0105:
    I'm sorry for your loss...I agree with pp about something nice...maybe she'll be a little bit of sunshine for DH's family right now...

Ditto this. She doesn't need to wear black.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"