Cloth Diapering
Options

Wool failure. Is this normal?

I bought a Little Beetle wool cover for nighttime and the wetness goes through the cover and onto her clothes.  Her PJs, sleepsack and sheets were wet.  Not soaked, but noticeably wet.  She still STTN though, but I had to change everything in the morning.  

I tried lanolizing, and the same thing happened again.  :(  Is this normal? I thought wool was supposed to be great!   She is 2 months old, her diaper was wet but not soaked.  The first time she had a bamboozle size 2, and the second time a different bamboo fitted designed for night.  Definitely absorbent enough.  

Thoughts?  

Re: Wool failure. Is this normal?

• Options
    Not normal, at least for me.  Does it feel slightly tacky after you lanolize?  If her diaper wasn't soaked maybe it's a fit issue?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    Yes, it feels tacky.  The cover is stretchy, I think It as covering everything properly and no gaps, but maybe not.  I guess I should use it during the day and see.  It is one size, but I have it the second biggest setting to get over the huge fitted diaper.  I have no issue when I use the diaper with other covers...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could be due to the pressure of the pjs - are they feeted pjs or is it a snap crotch?  Sometimes you get wicking with wool or pressure wetness.  Also - not all wool is good for nighttime.  Some is really only day rated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

She is wearing a onesie and footed PJs.  So it might be the explanation, but she needs both and a sleep sack at night.  

Bummer, I paid $$$ for it wanting to use it for night :(  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"