Infertility

When to expect IVF cycle start?

Hi ladies!

DH and I have a 2nd opinion IVF consult on Nov. 8th (next Monday). I am on CD 9 of my natural cycle. Does anyone have any idea of when would be the first chance of starting to cycle? I'm sure if we go ahead with this new clinic they will want to repeat most testing (CD3 b/w & u/s, SA, etc.), right?

My mind is just spinning and anyone who has any input might help it to calm the f**k down!

Me: 26, DH: 31
dx MFI 10/10
IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
IVF #2 1/12 BFP! 1st u/s It's twins!

Re: When to expect IVF cycle start?

• I started BCPs on CD4 for mine...we completed the testing we needed while I was on the birth control.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Our IVF clinic has specific dates each year, so all patients are on the same cycle.  Depending on when you had your last testing done, they may or may not choose to repeat it all.  You'd definitely be out for this cycle, but you might be ready in the next month or two once they go over everything with you.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok. It's making me wonder if we will have to wait through this cycle and then do testing on the next and not start until the one after that. Ugh. Now that I know this is our only option I just want to start making some progress.

MDluv- I've been following your story and I'm so excited for you :) Can't wait to hear about that beta!

dx MFI 10/10
    IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
  • imagekekis:
    Our IVF clinic has specific dates each year, so all patients are on the same cycle.  Depending on when you had your last testing done, they may or may not choose to repeat it all.  You'd definitely be out for this cycle, but you might be ready in the next month or two once they go over everything with you.

Wow! That's amazing. I haven't ever heard of a clinic doing that but it definitely makes sense!

Thank you :)

dx MFI 10/10
    IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
  • imagesr1220:

Ok. It's making me wonder if we will have to wait through this cycle and then do testing on the next and not start until the one after that. Ugh. Now that I know this is our only option I just want to start making some progress.

MDluv- I've been following your story and I'm so excited for you :) Can't wait to hear about that beta!

Thanks so much hon!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • We did all of my testing (DH had already done testing) during my first IUI cycle.  I started BCP on CD 3 after our 3rd IUI.  It moved quickly.  Unfortunately I've been sitting out with cysts since and haven't gotten to stims yet.

Good luck!

Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"