Pregnant after IF

5w5d ultrasound

I go in next Monday, 11/8 for a 5w5d ultrasound. I could be less than 5 days considering we can't exactly pinpoint ovulation after trigger! What should I expect to see? I am assuming I shouldn't freak out if no heartbeat is detected yet!

TIA

Me-29 PCOS H-29 9/27 Injectables & TI cycle 10/27 Beta #1 120 10/29 Beta #2 301 11/8 5 wks. 4 days-gestational sac and yolk sac located 11/19 7 wks. 1 day-heartbeat found-140bpm! 2/11 19 wks. 4 days-anatomy scan-It's a boy! :)BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 5w5d ultrasound

• W/ my pregnancy with my son, I saw a HB at 6w0d, but they thought it had JUST started beating because it was so slow.

I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if you don't see a HB.  You should see a fetal pole and yolk sac, I think?

• You will most likely see a G-Sac with a yolk in it. Possibly a  fetal pole? I don't know much about fetal pole but it has something to do with the yolk developing, I think?   It will probably still be too early for a heartbeat!  I had my 5w1d u/s last week and we just saw a sac and yolk. HTH!
    Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At that point we saw the gestational sacs and yolk sacs.
    My IVF twins born at 33w6days by c-section due to twin A being IUGR Rylan born at 2:54pm weighing 2lb 8oz, 14.5 inches Emma born at 2:55pm weighing 5lb 5oz, 18 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember writing a panicked post at 5w4d because if I remember right there was not much more then a yolk sac. They let me come back a few days later and there was a sac and a heartbeat.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I saw a h/b at that time though I was totally prepare not to and wouldn't have been worried if I didn't.  Good luck!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  •  I just had my 5w5d US on friday and we saw gestational sacs and yolk sacs. He said that that is exactly what he wanted to see at this time.  He   tried and tried to find a HB but said that it was just too early.  I go in this coming friday.....Can't wait!

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't freak out if there is no HB!  At 5w6d, we saw two sacs, one had a yolk and a fetal pole, the other one just the yolk.  Neither had HBs...

Good luck!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • At 5 wks 5 days, you should see a sac and a fetal pole, but I wouldn't expect to see a hb. If you do see one, it will likely be slow as it probably just started beating. At my 5 wk 6 day u/s we saw a slow hb (100bpm) that they said had probably just started. But even the doctors were surprised to see that. We did IVF so the dates were exact.

Good luck!!! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"