Single Parents
Options

So it looks like I am moving out December 1st

I am excited, but so nervous.

H and I have been separated twice before. The first time I stayed with my parents, the second time he moved out. Currently we are living together (fun times) but are 100% moving forward with the divorce. It is in our current court order that he is to pay the mortgage and DS and I are to stay here, which is why I haven't moved out yet.

But I found a perfect little house for me and DS to rent. It's affordable, but still in a great neighborhood and it has a yard and everything. I was going to wait to move until we have our court order changed and the support amount increased (since he won't be paying the mortgage for me anymore) but I just couldn't let this get away.

Part of me wonders if I'm making a mistake or acting irresponsibly, because I do have some debt that is going to be my responsibility after the divorce. Staying with my parents would probably have helped in the long run, but I just feel like it is best for mine and DS's happiness that we have our own space. Don't get me wrong, my parents are great, but living with them at almost 30 with a child of my own wasn't ideal.

Anyway, I just wanted to share. I know I don't post much, but I am lurking every day so I feel like I "know" you ladies.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: So it looks like I am moving out December 1st

• Options

Woohoo. It sounds like a great chance. If you can make it work money wise, I say go for it.

Congrats!

And god bless you for sharing a roof with your soon to be ex. Yikes.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    imagecarrieannew:

Woohoo. It sounds like a great chance. If you can make it work money wise, I say go for it.

Congrats!

And god bless you for sharing a roof with your soon to be ex. Yikes.

Yeah, I don't recommend it. But he's not here a lot, so it's not that bad most of the time. Like, for example, last night he went to a Halloween party and didn't come home until 2pm today. Indifferent

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh lovely. *huge eye roll*

So you need to start packing then. I hate hate hate packing

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats...that's exciting! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options

Thats awesome! I would kill to be out of my mom's house. However, that isn't going to be financially capable for another few months. :P

Good luck! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats on finding a place!  It sounds like you'll definitely be more happier with your own space :)
  • Options

Sorry you are going through all of this.  I would say that sometimes you have to make decisions not based solely on financial reasoning.  If you know you will be happier not living with your parents and can swing it, I would do it.

I wouldn't be able to live with my parents.  Love them, but I need my space!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!  I agree that having your own space is worth some financial sacrifices, if you can swing it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on finding a house!  How exciting to get a fresh start...it sounds like you are happy with your decision and that's all that matters!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Very exciting. Im prouid of you for taking the big leap forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"