2nd Trimester

Rhinocort AQ during pg?

My allergist looked this up for me pre-TTC, and said it's category B and therefore ok.

My MW said they don't recommend these types of allergy meds.  They recommend Zyrtec and Claritin, but these just haven't been cutting it for me.

According to SafeFetus.com: Use of inhaled conventional doses of corticosteroids should be continued in pregnancy and no association with congenital anomalies has been reported.

I'm miserable today (I've had several sneezing fits, and have used about 100 tissues.)

Did anyone get the ok from their doctor to use this? I'm starting to wonder if my MW was thinking of something else when she said to steer away from it. 

Re: Rhinocort AQ during pg?

• I use safefetus as well but sometimes I question things like that. I would call a pharmacist at Walgreens or whatever you have where you are. They can usually give pretty good advice on it. HTH!
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • My Dr. gave me the okay for Rhinocort and regular Claritin. It's not as good as my flonase and claritin D but it will have to do for now :) Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"