Breastfeeding
Options

Leaking...

So I have been breastfeeding for about two weeks now.... my question is... When does this leaking stop!?  Does it level off at some point?  I wear a tshirt to bed and wake up to find I have wet the bed and I shooting out milk like old faithful.  My LO is getting plenty of milk and drains one side at each feeding.... Am I always going to have to wear bras with pads?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Leaking...

• Options
    NSLNSL member
    If you're anything like me with my first, yes.  You'll need breast pads in 24/7 for as long as you're nursing.  Lansinoh makes the best disposable pads, IMO, but there are a lot of great reusable ones out there as well.
  • Options

You will probably leak the whole time, but it gets MUCH better.  I only leak maybe once a week, and I haven't soaked the bed in 6 months.

Once you're leveled out a bit, you can switch to Lilypadz.  They are silcone cups that apply gentle pressure to your nipple.  They're pricey ($25), but you just wash them nightly.  I've been using the same pair for 2+ months.  They are great, because you don't have that chunky soaked pad in your bra all day.   You still might leak a little, but the Lilypad holds it in.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I leaked at random (day or night) for the first month or so. Now I only leak occasionally during the night (eg: last night b/c I slept for 8 hrs straight) I don't wear pads during the day anymore, only at night.
  • Options
    imagecchill01:

You will probably leak the whole time, but it gets MUCH better.  I only leak maybe once a week, and I haven't soaked the bed in 6 months.

Once you're leveled out a bit, you can switch to Lilypadz.  They are silcone cups that apply gentle pressure to your nipple.  They're pricey ($25), but you just wash them nightly.  I've been using the same pair for 2+ months.  They are great, because you don't have that chunky soaked pad in your bra all day.   You still might leak a little, but the Lilypad holds it in.

So glad to hear it gets better! I will have to look into those Lilypadz, I think I will pay anything to not wear these soaked pads all day!

• Options
    It might not last forever, I stopped leaking by 7 weeks and haven't used the pads since.  DS still gets up to eat every 4 hours though so I may have to pull them back out when he starts sleeping longer at night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"