December 2010 Moms
Options

What do hiccups feel like?

I feel this sort of rhythmic pulsing really low.  I haven't really felt it before and I'm thinking maybe it's hiccups?

imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do hiccups feel like?

• Options
    DH compared it to a heartbeat. When LO gets them they are really low (near my hip bone) where her back/lungs are. It's the same little feeling over and over. Usually it lasts for 10 minutes-15 minutes. I also notice that she ends up falling asleep after :)
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageTtotheG:
    DH compared it to a heartbeat. When LO gets them they are really low (near my hip bone) where her back/lungs are. It's the same little feeling over and over. Usually it lasts for 10 minutes-15 minutes. I also notice that she ends up falling asleep after :)

Yes! I would definitely compare it to a heartbeat.  It sounds pretty similar to what you're describing so maybe it is hiccups.  Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelaura101:
    yes..it is rhythmic..you have the same feeling over and over and same amount of time passes between each hiccup. Koen gets them at least twice a day..its cute, but can get annoying!

Are they really close together?  Cause mine are and it is getting annoying...

• Options

I recently read it means good lung development, but not sure how true that is? My LO gets them after I eat (especially if it's something sweet!), so I think they just start inhaling fluid.

Enjoy the hiccups. I love when LO gets them. Feels better than being kicked in the ribs! 

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagelindsayluong12:

imagelaura101:
    yes..it is rhythmic..you have the same feeling over and over and same amount of time passes between each hiccup. Koen gets them at least twice a day..its cute, but can get annoying!

Are they really close together?  Cause mine are and it is getting annoying...

Mine usually are pretty close together, much closer than they would be if say I had the hiccups. And I agree with whoever said it can get annoying lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • Options
    i actually love feeling hiccups!  i can just picture lo in there hiccuping and i think its kinda cute lol  his only lasts a couple minutes and only happen once a day (sometimes twice) so maybe thats why im not annoyed with them?
  • Options

imagexxbabycakesxx:
    i actually love feeling hiccups!  i can just picture lo in there hiccuping and i think its kinda cute lol  his only lasts a couple minutes and only happen once a day (sometimes twice) so maybe thats why im not annoyed with them?

All I can think is "poor baby" since I know how much I hate having the hiccups, lol.

• Options
    My little man gets the hiccups twice a day, and the first time is always when my alarm goes off at 6:30. At this point with all the aches and pains and tylenol and painful kicks, its the best out of all the fetal movements in my opinion! I think that's the one thing I'll miss the most about being preggo  : )
  • Options

I think the hiccups are the cutest thing. My boy didn't start getting them (that I noticed) until fairly recently and I was worried and bummed that I'd miss out but he gets them once every couple of days now and it just makes me giddy every time. I just picture him in there, hiccupping away....it's a pretty subtle feeling, I think, but like a pp said, I feel it down pretty low, between my belly button and my pubic bone and it feels like a steady heartbeat, usually lasting for a few minutes. I got DH to feel them the last time and he described it as a pulse, which is a pretty accurate description, but it's a lot more delicate of a feeling than I had expected it to be, so don't rule it out if the feeling is gentle or subtle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto all the PPs who said it was makes you feel bad for LO, but also that it gets annoying fast.  LOL.  My LO gets them at least 3x a day.  If it's true that it's a sign of healthy lungs, then my LO has got a strong set!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"