Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

child proofing

what have you done for child proofing your house and when did you start?  I am overwhelmed at the thought of it.  My house is not baby proof at all!  I think it may be easier to move lol .  I know i need cabinet locks for kitchen and bathrooms and drawer stops for dresser drawers .  what else?

Re: child proofing

• Options
    DS is barely rolling, let alone getting into stuff. Once he can crawl, I'll think about locking the cabinets.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    You'll need drawer stops for kitchen drawers as well.  Don't forget about the toilet and doors you don't want them to open.  Although I can't imagine DS will be tall enough to open full sized doors once he can walk, you never know.  You'll need covers for the knobs on the stove as well.  We are also getting the rubber cover thing for fireplaces since we have a hearth.  I'm sure there's more but can't think of anything right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also bought power strip covers and a lock for the dryer (our washing machine is not front loading, but if yours is, you might get one for it too). There are lots of good products at www.onestepahead.com and they almost always have a percent off or free shipping deal going on.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lol oh this thread is going to be funny. i can tell.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    Oh!  Plug covers!  Probably the most important one!
  • Options
    The only thing I ever used with DD1 is plug covers.  Other than that - redirection and supervision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"