Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Moms of Hairy Babies - Dumb Question inside

Bath time is usually at night before bed.

I wash him and will wash his hair every other bath.  When I do, his head is soaked and I towel dry him but he still has a wet head.

I like to put him in pajamas and get him ready for bed but feel bad putting him into a crib with a damp head so I take the blow dryer out and "TRY" to dry him off.

He squirms and cries.

DH said it's a "chick thing" to dry the baby's head this way and that air drying is just as good.  What would you do?  Yes, I will slap my husband later...but for now, answer me this...

Am I being too motherving (mother hovering) by drying his head with a blow dryer instead of letting it air dry? Really

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms of Hairy Babies - Dumb Question inside

• i blow dry P's hair...it is too chilly to let it air dry, i don't want her to get a chill.  i wouldn't want to go to bed with a wet head....she squirms and has cried if i use any setting other than the really low.  and i just do it from far away so that it doesn't scare her.

you aren't being too mother hovering....you are doing the right thing.  it isn't a gender issue--smack your DH for me too.  Wink

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I def don't think it's a gender thing.  I wouldn't want to go to bed with damp hair and if Jackson had enough hair that it was an issue, I would def dry it a bit before putting him into the crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

going to smack DH now.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejust_peachy:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

going to smack DH now.

I also asked DH what he thought and he said that if it was chilly and Jackson had a lot of hair he would blowdry it a little bit too  (and he is a cop... totally not into personal grooming, haha).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"