May 2011 Moms
Options

Also, I swear, do people who have had babies previously just SMELL the pregnancy on a newbie?

Today I went to friends' house, they don't know, but I immediately did what i normally do when I go over, and poured myself a glass of wine, and pretended to sip.

We left, and DH told me "Did you tell C that you're pregnant?".  When I told him no, he mentioned that she told him 2 things that indicated that she knew..

1) I brought a bottle of prosecco, (which C loves, and I usually drink it with her), and she asked DH, "Do you think that (I) want something bubbly that's non alcoholic" (which is a total misnomer.

2) We're going out on Thursday to dinner, specifically because I bought a bottle of wine that I've had in their wine locker at a restaurant that we wanted to open for a while, and she told him "But, I guess will (I) drink something else?"

WHAT THE HELL!

There are exactly 3 people that know here where I live, and none of them know each other.  WHAT THE HELL!

Am I just exuding pregnant hormones?  Sheesh! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Also, I swear, do people who have had babies previously just SMELL the pregnancy on a newbie?

• Options
    In a way, yes. Once you have been through a complete pregnancy, you can tell just by looking at someone that they are pregnant. Before my SIL knew she was pregnant, I had already told DH that she was pregnant. You just notice their faces, and the way they look, and you can tell.
  • Options

Blast!

This is the second person whom I haven't told and yep, they're totally good at deducing.  Which makes me feel like a dufus, because when I reveal, they're totally going to be like "yep, I knew"....

Making me feel bad for not telling them earlier... Argh!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL. Some things you just can't hide. Its OK, you'll still surprise some :)
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • Options
    I was 8 weeks pregnant at a family birthday party. Granted it was family I don't see very often but I had 4 aunts tell me they knew I was pregnant the minute they saw me. I just had a pregnant look. Couldn't hide it if I wanted to.
  • Options
    imagejdlocke:
    In a way, yes. Once you have been through a complete pregnancy, you can tell just by looking at someone that they are pregnant. Before my SIL knew she was pregnant, I had already told DH that she was pregnant. You just notice their faces, and the way they look, and you can tell.
    So I guess that's why three women from my job have asked me if I was KU. One told me I had a tired pregnant look on my face one morning!
  • Options

imagejdlocke:

Elaborate. I don't get it. It just....doesn't make sense. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bummer.  I am totally trying to hide it for a variety of reasons (mostly work, I have a few things in the burner that would not happen if people found out that I was pregnant, NOT that it would affect the work per se, but...) and this is one of the main reasons I'm significantly limiting the people who know.

But damn, evidently, this is hard.  Argh.

I'm trying to do everything right!!!!  

• Options

This post is too funny. My mom's friend told me she could tell i was pregnant, and at the time I was about 7-8 weeks. A couple weeks later, a client at work greeted me with, "Hi, honey, how are you? Whatcha been up to, Are you pregnant?" Like..what?? That question doesn't usually follow those kinds of greetings. The day after, I tested + on 3 tests. Still can't believe others knew I was pregnant before i did!

America's Next Top Mommy! 3 years of infertility = well worth the wait <3<br> BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    my MIL said she knew i was pregnant with DS before we told her. she didnt say why she could tell. just that she knew. but, she didnt know about this one until we told her. so maybe last time was just a fluke. lol.
    baby growth baby
  • Options

Now see, I could be totally wrong, but I have a group of ladies over to my house once a week for a bible study?at least 4 of them are moms (1 is still pregnant) and I am almost certain that they are absolutely clueless. One of my best friends (has a one yr old, she?s also one of two people that know) was absolutely floored when I told her I was 8 wks along. She had no idea. But who knows?.I could be really surprised if when we tell everyone in a few weeks anyone says that they knew.

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"