Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

The Children's Place clothing size?

Do their sweaters run big, small, or right on for the age they say?  Not sure if I should get 18mo or 24mo for my son who will be around 23mo at the time we take our pics.  I've never bought from them before.  TIA!

Re: The Children's Place clothing size?

• They run small. I'd order the 24 month :)
  • I've never tried their sweaters, but their shorts run small.  I'd order the bigger size just to be on the safe side. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting.  I think they run large.  I bought a sweater for DS last year that should have been just right- but I think it will fit him fine this year. 

And he's a big kid.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Molly is 19lbs/30inches and their 18 month sweaters fit her exactly right. She's going to need their 24 month size soon, atleast for the stuff I have bought her recently. I wonder if it just depends on what it is? Their pants in 18 mth are HUGE on her.
  • I also think they run large especially in comparison to clothes from other stores in the same size (gymbo, old navy, oshkosh, carters)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought 18m sweaters for the boys last year when they were wearing 12-18m in everything else, and they were huge on them! I actually just got them out and realized they will fit them for this winter! (And they are wearing 24m/2T in all their other shirts.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • My DD is tall but I find their tops run small and their bottoms run small to average.  My DD is wearing 12-18 in most stuff but her 18 month clothes from the Children's Place fit her perfectly now (at exactly a year) and she'll be in 24 month tops from there soon I would think.  She's 21lbs and 30 1/4 inches tall.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think they run small. She has a 24 mos top that bearly fits her from there and she is in 12-18 mos in other stores.
  • Small in my experience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Reading this thread is making me wonder if their boys' tops run large but their girls' tops run small?
  • I've always noticed their clothing ran small for my DD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I'd say they run big. I wanted to buy DS a sweater there last winter and the 6mo one fit him! He was in 18mo clothes in every other brand. I didn't end up getting it because I just didn't trust it would stay sized in the wash.

Their knits only run slightly large in my experience and the pajamas seem to fit about the same as other brands in each size. The sweater sizing was just bizarre last year. Not even going to try there this year.

• I think the Children's Place runs larger than Carter's, Gap, and ON.
  • For my DD their tops run small and pants are average, she has to wear 3T tops from there and most places she's 2T
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL. OK, so the rest of the responses confirmed my theory. :)
    So officially, TCP tops run small for girls and large for boys. Good to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"