3rd Trimester

False alarms... feeling dumb

On Thursday, I started having contractions around 11 am that were 6 minutes apart at first.  Then they started getting closer and closer- like 3 or 4 min.  I called my dr. and they told me that I should go in.  I get there- and the contractions stop so they send me home.  THEN not even an hour after they released me, we get home, and I feel 2 small gushes of fluid- so I think it is my water breaking.  I don't know what it feels like because when I had my daughter, they broke it for me in the hospital. So I call them and they tell me to come in just to be safe. I was thinking "alright!  We are going to have a baby tonight!"  They ran a fern test to see if it was actually from my water breaking, and it came back negative....it was just some other fluid.  So I got sent home again.  I started crying when they told me it was negative.  I got my hopes up and went home so disappointed.  I feel like I should just KNOW when it happens.  I had four false alarms with my first so I didn't think I would have any with this one now that I knew what labor felt like.  I feel like my motherly instincts should have kicked in by now for delivering this baby and they just haven't.  Uggh!  Overwhelmed and frustrated.  I feel like I'm the only one who goes through this- I know that isn't true- just can't help feeling this way.  Thanks for letting me vent!

Re: False alarms... feeling dumb

• A good rule of thumb is when you can't walk or talk through contractions.  I have had false labor contractions that happen every 5 minutes and last 12 hours, they just never intensify. They stopped by morning on their own so they could not have been the real deal.

When my water broke with my first, I was so wet my pants were soaked and I leaked through pads. I would change and then have another gush that soaked through my clothes.

• Do not feel bad, I went to hosp last week for thinking my water broke, plus I hit a fever and was vomiting, they sent me home without meds.. I had been in from 2am to 6am.. By 11am my fever was spiking again so I call the office and am like i think I need meds.. They finally call me back at like 2pm telling me to go to hosp, I wound up being told I was gonna be induced, then I wasn't and wound up with a 2 day stay on antibiotics, now here I sit overdue and wondering when labor will hit for me.. I was induced with my first, I am expecting it this time as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"