Success after IF
Options

Tell me your ritual for getting your "beta call"

I have my beta tomorrow at 6:45 am.

With G I told my boss I was leaving work early so I could get the call at home (but my nurse called early so I let it go to voice mail) I bought a bottle of wine on my way home, fully expecting I would need to get sloshed after the call....but being pleasantly surprised when I listened to the message when I got home.

I kind of have to work a full day tomorrow.  My plan is to let it go to voice mail again and listed when I get home....but boy is it going to be a long day.  DH thinks I should go get the wine again as he thinks it was good luck.  I'm worried that is trying too hard (yes, I'm a nut job)

Do you have anything special you do while waiting for the call?  Superstitions or rituals you follow??  Humor me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me your ritual for getting your "beta call"

• Options
    I never cared about DH and I getting it together since I always POAS before. Wishing you tons and tons of luck!!!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm no help cause I always POAS early, but I never waited for hubby for the official call. 

Did I miss your BFP?  I haven't been on nearly enough lately!

Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, with DD, we weren't expecting our bfp, so the beta wasn't scheduled. I POAS on a Sun and was totally freaked by the bfp (it was a cancelled cycle, I had 10+ follies), so I went to the monitoring hours to get a beta done. They called me at home. This last time I POAS at 10dpo and got a bfp, but I knew something was wrong, so I just waited anxiously by the phone for the numbers, then spent the rest of the weekend freaking out and Googling. If we make it to trigger this time, I'm planning to tell my nurse I don't want to know numbers, just want to know if I need a second beta and if it's doubling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageChristakim:

I'm no help cause I always POAS early, but I never waited for hubby for the official call. 

Did I miss your BFP?  I haven't been on nearly enough lately!

No, I haven't POAS (I am too afraid).  I just have my scheduled beta tomorrow from my IVF.

I don't care about waiting for DH for the call.  Heck you all knew last time before DH did ; )   I just don't know how the heck I'm going to make it until they call....and then not answer, since I will be at work and I do NOT want to hear "negative" while at work and have to hide in my office crying.  Ugh.

Then I am going to have to be patient for a couple of hours until I leave work so I can listen to the voice mail message.....deep breath.  I keep vascillating between thinking I'm pregnant and remembering that everything I am feeling is also caused by Progesterone and Estrogen suppositories.  Double ugh.

• Options
    Ok, first, you are so NOT a nut job.  I have rituals for things like this as well and to be honest I would do the exact thing I did last time, especially if it's going to make you feel better.  GL!  I'll be thinking good beta thoughts for you.
  • Options

I waited until the night before my beta to test.  I knew that if I tested negative, I would not want to continue the PIO injections.  I wanted to know BFN/BFP before going in for the beta, but I didn't want to know until after the shot was done that night.  Sorry, I'm not much help.

If I were you, I'd get the wine. . . can't hurt!  I sure hope that your DH is drinkin' alone tomorrow night!!!!! 

• Options
    The two times I had already POAS so the call didn't matter.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!  I'm waiting for my 2nd Beta call tomorrow morning.
  • Options

When we did IVF, I asked the nurses to call my DH instead of me b/c he was better w/ handling negative info than I was.  I had gotten all the negative calls w/ the IUIs and I just couldn't take one more.

It worked out for me - and it was kind of funny - b/c I'm the only girl I know who's DH got to tell THEM they were pregnant :) 

Good luck to you!!  Fingers crossed :)

• Options
    ritual? If taking the day off of work and staring at the phone willing it to ring can count as a ritual, that's my ritual.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"