LGBT Parenting

OPK recommendations

Happy Halloween All, 

Wanted to see if any of you have any OPK recommendations. Thanks!

May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: OPK recommendations

• I use opk's 3x daily (morning, mid-day, and 9ish) when I am nearing ovulation.   

early pregnancy tests .com ---- buy internet cheapies in bulk and use those until you see a spike

Also buy the Clear Blue Easy 7 digital test kit.  If you conserve these to use only when the ic's indicate a rise, the kit will probably last you 2 or 3 months.  While the ic's are also accurate, the digitals are easier to read and that counts for a lot when the timing needs to be precise.

I should also note that that website has just started offering pregnancy test strips that measure 10/mlU/hCG but they aren't available until Wednesday so if you can put off ordering, I would get those too.

• for sure the clear blue easy digital smiley face ones - they are the only ones that ever worked for both DW and I (even though its been confirmed by b/w that we both ovulate regularly) and they will save you so much headache trying to compare lines.
  • Loading the player...
  • Clear blue easy digital for sure! I tried non-digital in the months before our insemination and discovered quickly that I could go mad trying to decipher shades of pink. The digital sticks are so worth the extra cash for clear yes/no!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We only used the Clear Blue digis with the smiley faces! expense but easy to read!
  • Thank you! Crazy story...

So I purchased the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor on Ebay a couple months ago and when I opened the box, it had a 2 x 4 in it. They stapled the piece of wood to the packaging to make it appear like something was in it.  The previous owner never used it and was shocked when I emailed her to get my money back. It was a big fight with Ebay and Paypal to get the money refunded but hey finally did.

I summed this experience up to it not being the right time and put off buying one for a couple of months. I will go to amazon or another cheap site to purchase it!

Thanks Again!

~C

May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's horrible! I've heard of other scams like that. I find it a little hard to believe that person didn't know. People are hurting these days, and those machines are a pretty penny.

That's a really crummy thing to do to people hoping to expand their families.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"