Baby Names

Hunter John or Hunter Ray??

We're not sure about what middle name we like. John is my dad's name and my grandfather's name.. and Ray is DH's father and brother and two of his nieces middle names...which is why I dont want to use it...again. Haha. I want something new. But he thinks John doesnt ring with Hunter. What do you think? Any suggestions?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Hunter John or Hunter Ray??

• I like John better. I think the flow works just as well as Ray. 
  • It sounds like you are introducing a hunter named John or Ray. I am not a fan of Hunter as a first name but like it as a second. I vote for John Hunter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Warning: pregnancy snark about to come out.  Honestly?  How redneck do you want the name to sound?

Hunter John = redneck

Hunter Ray = really redneck

Just all I think of when I hear those combos.  Admittedly, I've never been a fan of the name Hunter.

Due with DS2 on March 15, 2013! PLEASE vote on my BabyNames.com list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9692263
  • If I had to pick, I'd say Hunter John. But I really like John Hunter much better, but I know you didn't give that as an option.
  • being honest, I don't like either combo. sorry.

Of the two, I would choose Hunter John, but I hear "Trapper John" (from tv shows - *Mash* and Trapper John MD) in my head when I say it. 

I like John Hunter better.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, I don't like Hunter.  I think it falls in the mo-tarded catagory along with names like Gunner.

Hunter John sounds like a hunter who is named John, while John Hunter sounds like someone who hunts johns (as in the men who pay prostitutes).  John Ray or Ray John sound very bubba.

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I think Hunter Ray sounds pretty redneck.  But I think Hunter John sounds more preppy.  I would vote Hunter John, especially since both names hold meaning and I don't like Ray.
  • imageTheLuckiestOne:

Warning: pregnancy snark about to come out.  Honestly?  How redneck do you want the name to sound?

Hunter John = redneck

Hunter Ray = really redneck

Just all I think of when I hear those combos.  Admittedly, I've never been a fan of the name Hunter.

I just wanted to add Ick!

• Well I would only ever call him "Hunter John" if he were in trouble. Haha so he would just go by Hunter. The middle name is more of a formality than anything else.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • your pictures are sooo cute! :)

but i like Hunter John i think it sounds better than Ray.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely Hunter John!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imageMrsSparklebottom:
    What about Hunter Jonathan? I dunno, it sounds more formal to me.

Ooo I like that.. Hunter Jonathan, that sounds good. I'll suggest it to DH. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I vote Hunter John (or Jonathan). Ray does get a little too country, coming from someone named Ashley Rae. If we have a boy we're naming him Hunter William, so I definitely approve of Hunter as first name Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"