April 2011 Moms

IF your m/s has left you...

Did it freak you out and just stop all of a sudden? I woke up this morning, and I feel normal. This is after being very sick from week 6 on. I had to take a Zofran yesterday to keep down any lunch or dinner.

I am not complaining, please don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to eat again. But it's like someone flicked a switch and boom, all the pukey just went away. It's a little disconcerting.

(Yeah, I know it might come back. I'm not hoping for it, believe me.)

Re: IF your m/s has left you...

• Mine stopped for two weeks, and then randomly, I dry heaved like crazy one morning...

But, a lot of people say that the second trimester is like "flipping a switch" :-) Maybe you're "over the hump!" :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I too was very sick from 6 weeks on. I freaked out around 8 weeks when it disappeared, and then it came back full force after a couple of days. Started feeling normal again around 15 weeks, but I was so relieved that I was better I didn't have a chance to freak out! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine came and went for a few days. Then one day I realized it had been a few day since feeling sick, and I've felt "normal" ever since.

I hope that you are over the hump!!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I definitely freaked out when my morning sickness got better (though it wasn't as suddenly as you're describing).  But your feelings are definitely similar to mine. 

I still have occasional puke fests (like two hours ago - fun!), so those keep me feeling confident that the baby is still in there.  Your m/s might come back randomly.  :(

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Mine went away like yours but came back here and there for a few weeks.  Nothing major.

I still can only eat a little bit here and there but I blame that on just being me.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine stopped for exactly three weeks and then came back yesterday. I'm hoping it finally decides to go away for good very soon.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • imageshaindelr:

But, a lot of people say that the second trimester is like "flipping a switch" :-) Maybe you're "over the hump!" :-)

I have heard this from a ton of people... I have been taking Zofran and only have one pill left... so I am hoping that my m/s is gone!   My Dr. and friends warned me that I would start to feel good and that it could happen over night and not to flip out.... yeah right!

~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Thank you ladies. I know it's a bit silly to worry, when all I have wanted for months is the sickness to go away. And then when it does, I get nervous. Just part of the fun, I guess.

I heard the baby on Tues, w/ a nice strong HB of 162. No reason to not think my rockstar isn't still doing great!

• imageMrsCali_Bride:
    Mine stopped for exactly three weeks and then came back yesterday. I'm hoping it finally decides to go away for good very soon.

Ditto. Mine was horrible week 6-9. Then with help from Phenergan it was controled until my 14th week when it went away. Then all of a sudden - WHAM! 16weeks I was throwing up left and right and was put back on m/s pills.

I'm afraid I'm going to be one of those ladies sick my entire pregnancy. Sigh. As long as I don't puke on the baby when it's coming out I'll be fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Yeah, this phase is definitely bittersweet.  You stop feeling pregnant and start to worry.  Isn't it awful that you freak out when you feel better?

Luckily we should all be feeling movement soon which is such a relief.  :)

• Mine was a pretty gradual taper, but even at it's peak I would have a couple days at a time where I felt normal. Hopefully yours is done!
  • Yeah, my m/s stopped like night and day. I had m/s from week 6 to week 14, it was the worst. I was on Zofran as well. But the first week of the second trimester it completely stopped. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine left me quite abruptly at around week 12 and I am now to the point where I can cook without gagging.  I still have some minor aversions but other than that, I am feeling good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"