D.C. Area Babies

What can I do?

We just found out that my brother and SIL suffered a miscarriage yesterday.  The poor things are just heartbroken.  Does anyone have any ideas of something I can do for them?  They live in TX so I can't take anything over to them. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: What can I do?

• I'm so sorry for their loss. What made me feel a little better through my losses was just knowing that I had a support system. A phone call, a nice card, a plant (a lot of people say not flowers since it's hard to watch the flowers die)...any sort of acknowledgment that I did indeed suffer a loss. It's really nice of you to want to do something for them.
    After 3 miscarriages, I got my forever baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • since I too have been there, I agree with no flowers!!! I loved a cookie bouquet I got, it was all cheerful and even though I ate the cookies, I allowed myself to do that for a bit.  We also got many cards that were great.  I also got a gift card for a pedicure and facial to allow some me time when i felt up to it.  so sorry for them:( 

oh and don't say things like its meant to happen...that was the worst thing people could say to me..... 

• Loading the player...
  • I appreciated people who said I'm sorry.  Some well intentioned gestures and statements made me angry, like "it's not really a baby."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"