Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Re-circumcision

Has anyone needed to have this done to their LO?  Our son has been getting penial adhesions since he was 6 months old.  We have had to have them removed about every 3-4 months.  The urologist said Friday that he has at least an inch of extra skin so doing a recircumcision should correct this.  It means putting our son out and stitches.  Sigh...

Anyone had to go through this? I live in Maine...I am considering going to Boston Children's for yet another opinion.

Praying this little one sticks!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Re-circumcision

• Options
    We haven't had to do this but that would be a really tough situation.   Poor little guy :(
  • Options
    My son had to be recircumcised when he was around 1 1/2. We were having issuse of the skin getting irratated and I could see there was to much skin. We went in as an outpatient, he was put to sleep minor disolving stiches. After surgery they said he would be out for aleast and hour coming out of being put under ( he came out in 5). He wasn't out of it for very long and when we got home he was almost himself immediately. I think I was 1000x's more stressed then he was. All he had was a cover that fell off by itself. The urologist told us that pediatrician's dont have training to do circumcisions but they don't need too (STUPID). But thank god my son is all good now and you would never know. I hope everything goes well and we are glad we had it done. The positives way outweight the negitives.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much for giving me your story.  It helps ease my mind a lot.  Did he have a lot of pain after?  With his adhesion removals he has always been in so much pain after.  They also  said they would give him Tylenol with Codine.  Also, did you see a pediatric urologist?  This guy sees all ages and only sees about 18% of the population is children.  We would have to go out of state for a pediatric urologist and that means a 3-4 hour ride both ways for our son so I am not sure it is worth that for my son and it requires special permission from our insurance.
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    if something needs to be done, better to do it now...my husband had his circumcision when he was 8 years old, he remembers it and says he hated it (i think i would too, lol)...so we got our son done immediately, and i know if it needed to be redone, we would do it right away...its a one time pain as compared to having lesions removed frequently
  • Options
    Your welcome, I know how I felt when we went through this. No he didn't have a lot of pain after I actually think he had more pain when it was irritated. Yes, they gave him Tyenol with Codine and I gave it to him like I was instructed and I think that helped him to never get into pain. The urologist we saw was a pedi doc but I really don't think you need to travel to go to one. The trip to the hospital is hard enought b/c they can''t have food or drinks and it is usally ealry in the morning. The only big prob I had was leaving him in the pre-op room it broke my heart! I think the whole expierence was harder on my then my son. After he came out he wanted to eat and drink right away on the way home he was awake and calm. A few hours after we got home he was back to himself. I hope everything goes well (i;m sure it will) Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"