Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Halloween costume or lack of.....

Is anyone else NOT dressing their LO up for Halloween this year? My LO just turned 3 months and I just can't rationalize buying her a costume that she will only wear to her grandparent's houses. She is still sleeping most of the day away too so there's no telling that I'd even be able to get her out of her infant carrier to show off a costume should we have gotten one.... just seems like a waste.

We bought her 2 cute halloween onsies which she has worn several times this month, that seems like enough spirit to me!  

Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe tonight!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imagePrince Spaghetti Night imageXO My Funny Valentine XO

Re: Halloween costume or lack of.....

• Options
    I am not dressing my baby up who is 3 months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Alex has a costume only because a friend of mine insisted on purchasing it for him. We have no plans so I really don't see the point. In fact its halfway through the day and I still have not made an effort to pull it out. I may put it on a little later and hold him while I hand out candy but I doubt I will even do that lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a 4 mo old and we're not dressing him up either.  I have an orange onesie that has a pumpkin face on it, but that already got dirty today at lunch so yeah no real costume here either. 
  • Options

DD has a costume (see siggy) that she will wear tonight at a family halloween party. She probably wont wear it very long but I want to get a few pictures of her in it with all the other kids = )

I will be passing out candy though and havent decided if I will dress her up for that yet or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She has two Halloween outfits, but no costume. DD2 also just turned 3 months. There will be many more Halloweens to dress up for.
  • Options
    DS got his costume from a friend of mine who purchased it at a garage sale for $2 . Sweet deal.

If this had not have happened, he would not be dressing up.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not dressing him up. We live in the boonies and would have to drive 30+ minutes into town to do anything with him (trick or treating, visiting relatives etc) and as cute as he would be all dressed up, it's not worth the money for a costume for just me and DH to see him in (and for a couple pictures).

If people came to our house trick or treating, I might consider it - but nope. 

Next year will definitely be a bigger deal =)

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nope. We did for pictures and tonight she will wear a halloween sleeper when we answer the door.
  • Options
    I couldn't rationalize spending that much either... so I made her a tutu and she went as a ballerina.  :)  We just had lunch with family to show off her costume.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I wasn't going to, but eventually I decided I would regret it if I didn't dress her up.  I was able to borrow a costume from a friend though and she wore it yesterday when her grandparents were her.  I don't know if I will put her in it tonight or not though for handing out candy.  If she is awake I probably will because she likes it.
  • Options
    I just drew a line on yellow shirt and said he was Charlie Brown.  Easy and inexpensive he will be wearing that as I hand out candy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought LO a penguin hat and then made a costume to go along with it.  He ended up wearing it for a family gathering today and part of passing out candy tonight.  Then he pooped all over it, and so he wore his superman t-shirt the rest of the evening (just something he had- not just for halloween).  it was a fun day!
  • Options
    A friend who is a Disney fanatic (lives 2 miles from the park and works there) gave her a Disney princess ballerina outfit, so she is in that and I found some pink tulle in my wrapping supplies for slippers and a headband. Otherwise I would not have bought her anything. I was thrifting yesterday and found her a ladybug costume for $5, so I'm all set :-) I don't call Halloween a holiday and I certainly don't believe in spending more than a few dollars on costumes. I better get really creative in the next few years ;-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

No costume.  Just a hand-me-down long sleeve/footed jammy thing from my neice, a hand-me-down pumpkin hat and a kitty onesie (siggy pic) from my SIL.  Oh, and a dog toy!  ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"