Breastfeeding

Moby wrap

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share about the moby wrap?  What are the pros and cons?  Have you had luck breastfeeding in it?  I have a baby bjorn type carrier and like it ok when I'm out but I am wanting something more comfortable to wear at home since my 1 month old wants to be held all day. TIA for your advice!

Re: Moby wrap

• DS and I have both loved ours from the beginning (the pic in my siggy with him in the Moby is from his 5th day).  It's comfortable, distributes LO's weight well and you can put it into the washing machine when it's dirty.  To avoid the ends of the wrap dragging the ground if I were to put it on in public, I wrap myself before we leave the house-- the only drawback is that if DS falls asleep in the infant seat, I end up wearing the Moby with no baby in it :)

I've only BFed with DS in the Moby once, and not very successfully, but part of the problem is that my boobs are on the bigger side (36 DD currently).  He sits too high to really be able to BF comfortably for either of us.

HTH!

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• LO loves her Moby.  I think I spent my entire maternity leave wearing that thing.  I've never breastfed in it - that might be one of the biggest downfalls.  One piece of advice about it is that it takes practice to know how tight to tie it and how to get LO in there nice and snug.  Baby may not like it at first, but don't give up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in a weekly BFing class and the women in there have all kinds of wraps/slings/carriers. The only ones I've seen that look breastfeeeding friendly are the ring slings (Maya and etc.) and the Baby K'tan. Theoretically there is a BFing hold in the Moby wrap, but I've seen women try it and it seems like WAY too much material to wrangle, esp with a shirt underneath.

If I was going to BF in a wrap it would be a ring sling. 

• I love mine!!  It's perfect for when LO wants to be held, but I want to get things done.  I made my own using 5-6 feet of jersey material - google for directions - it saves you some money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"