Breastfeeding

Having a bad BFing day :(

DD is driving me crazy today!!! She has been grabbing and pinching at my breast while eating  and most frustrating - she puts both her hands on my breast and tries to push off = pushing the breast out of her mouth

then she pops off, smiles ,.looks around and puts herself on for about a minute before starting the grabbing/pushing again

WDID? I tried to give her a toy , no luck - I tried the chunky necklace no luck ...

I'm most worried that she's not really eating ! 

Re: Having a bad BFing day :(

• ds has been doing this - he started about 2 weeks ago. He gets really distracted & loves to look around. I've found that if I wait to nurse him & entertain him with other things - he's much easier & gets less distracted when he does want to eat. They just learn that there are things going on around them, eventually they will calm down enough to eat! I wouldn't worry too much. As long as there's a good # of diapers.
  • This happened to DD for a while, right around that age.  She just got excited/distracted by other things.  Going to a different and quiet room really helped.  If that doesn't work, then maybe wait and try again - lo might not be that hungry.  I wouldn't give up...it's just a stage!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO started doing this and never did stop - he gets very distracted.

So now, at least whenever I'm home, we side-lay and nurse and I find that he's much less distractible (sp?.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"