March 2011 Moms
Options

Travel Systems

What travel system did you put on your registries? I had the Chicco Cortina, but didn't like the reviews about it being heavy, not clicking into shopping carts, and not having access to the diaper bag. Just wondering if anyone had one that they love. Thanks and Happy Halloween!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Travel Systems

• Options

We're not registering for a travel system because they just won't give us the features that we need, and I want to avoid the multiple stroller trap.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagehispenguin:

We're not registering for a travel system because they just won't give us the features that we need, and I want to avoid the multiple stroller trap.

This might sound strange, but...What is the "multiple stroller trap"?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know so many people who get a regular Graco travel system, but it's too heavy, so then they have to get a light-weight stroller to use for day-to-day. Then if one or both parents are really active, then they're buying a sport stroller as well. I just don't have the money or space for all those strollers!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sorry that I'm no help - we're not registering for a travel system. GL!
  • Options
    We aren't getting a travel system either. We ended up registering for a Graco infant seat frame. We can pop the infant seat into it and it's an instant stroller. It only costs about $60 and then we can pick out a real stroller to use later on that fits our needs.

• Options

imageSunnyGal331:
    We aren't getting a travel system either. We ended up registering for a Graco infant seat frame. We can pop the infant seat into it and it's an instant stroller. It only costs about $60 and then we can pick out a real stroller to use later on that fits our needs.

This!!! I have always thought that the travel system are to bulky. I regestired for the snap and go by jeep. It says it fits any infant car seat. Once baby starts outgrowing the car seat well buy a stroller.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. This helps a lot. I thought that the travel system was the best option, but this opens my eyes to other things to think about.
  • Options
    We didn't register for a travel system either.  I love the City Mini so we registered for that and we might get the infant seat adapter.  We registered for the snap 'n go to use with the infant seat and depending on how that goes we'll see if we need the infant adapter for the city mini.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Graco MetroLite from my first DS.  It really is relatively lightweight and I loved the convenience of the system.

• Options

We registered for Chicco (Discovery I think~ sorry I'm at work so I don't have it handy!) as we will need 2 or more strollers regardless.  I like the idea of having one in each car so we don't forget to switch it if needed and my parents want one for when they babysit.  Anyways, if the travel system ends up being too big of a stroller, then that one will end up as the "extra" one for us.  I guess it depends on what you will need personally.  I didn't want the snap and go because I wanted the option of reclining the seat and not using the car seat even with an infant.  My DS didn't like his seat and we used the stroller on its own more often than not...

Agree with PPs that the infant seat shouldn't sit in the shopping cart anyways, so I wouldn't use that as criteria for choosing.  And the baskets all seem to be difficult to get into when the seat is reclined or a seat is on top.

There are SO many options out there~ they will all do the job =) 

• Options

We never used out travel system!  A friend lent us the Graco snugrider frame (or the Snap and Go, I don't remember the brand!)  That is all I needed.  It was fantastic.

When the baby grew out of the infant seat, we got a light umbrella stroller and have been loving it since. I am so glad we didn't get a bulky travel system stroller. I see the moms in the malls with them and they always look like they are struggling.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We registered for the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System.  We're getting a hand-me-down jogging stroller from my brother and sister-in-law so we already have one of those.  I really like the convenience of the travel system (even if it is a little heavy).  Everyone I've talked to really liked there's and it got really good reviews.  Good luck!!!
  • Options

I fell into the stroller trap.  Got the big Graco travel system.  Was too huge to practically use (took up half of the back of my outback.) Got a Maclaren Triumph that I LOVE and haven't used the travel system since. It folds up tiny.

This time I got a double snap and go on clearance at Target (if it hadn't been so cheap, I would have just found one on craigslist.  The doubles are a little hard to find, but not the singles.) 

When I figure out how much I'm able to walk with 3 kids, I'll figure out if I want a double Maclaren (my guess) or some sort of jogger type stroller.

• Options
    This is our first baby so we may regret it but we are going with the Orbit system. We bought the original infant system ourselves around the time their new G2 system came out so we got the floor model at a rediculous good price. It is pricey but it had everything we were looking for. Keep your options open, you should be able to find what you are looking for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"