Two Under 2

XP: daycare question....WWYD?

Right now me and DS are very active with mom groups, play dates and going to the gym everyday that there is no way he would be happy sitting at home with me and the baby everyday until she is old enough to go to the gym daycare. 

So when the baby comes I'd like to put DS in daycare 3 mornings a week.  That way he can get out and play and I can have time to bond with the baby and get rest.  

DS was in an in home daycare up until May when I left my job.   He loves the provider, her assistances and the children.  I trust her 100%, but like all in homes she has children of all ages.  I went and looked at a few centers and found one that I liked.  DS wasn't too crazy about it but I'm sure he would warm up to it.  A part of me thinks the structure and being around kids his own age would be great for him.  Another part of me is thinking it is only 12 weeks and I'd rather him go were he is comfortable since he will have so many new changes going on at home.  WWYD?  There is only a $12 difference so the money isn't really the issue. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: daycare question....WWYD?

• So he will only go there for 12 weeks?

If that is the case I would send him to where he's already most familiar. No sense getting him acclimated to a new environment when you're just going to take him out in three months anyway.

• imageLisa&Eddie:

So he will only go there for 12 weeks?

If that is the case I would send him to where he's already most familiar. No sense getting him acclimated to a new environment when you're just going to take him out in three months anyway.

I agree with this.

However, has he been back there since May? If not, I dont think he will remember anyway. We switched DS from a center to an in home day care when he was a year old. We went back to the center 6 weeks later to visit and DS already forgot all of them and was scared and nervous. So, there is a chance he may not remember anyway.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"