May 2011 Moms

The in Betweens

After my appointment at 9 weeks I was on cloud nine with not a worry in the world and now that It's been 2 weeks and my next appointment isn't until November 11th  I can't help but worry. Nothing has happened I haven't had any spotting or cramping but i just can't help but think, what if the baby has stop growing? I know I'm being silly and I need to relax but I just had to get this off my chest. I wonder if its going to be like this the entire time or just until i get further along.
photo c27c4a76-6351-4ead-85d2-b18a046f41d4_zpsf0635b7f.jpg
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: The in Betweens

• I wish I had a really good reason to call my doctor. I feel this way too. I have two weeks left until my next appointment. Although m/s and all other gross symptoms have been in high gear, I still worry.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • My last appointment was at 6 weeks, I cannot wait until Wednesday for my next one hoping they use a Doppler and put me at ease. My Doppler will be here in a week and that will hopefully help with the in betweens until I can feel movement.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the exact same way. I was almost 9 weeks at my first appointment, but didn't get an ultrasound (BOO!). I still felt fine and happy with everything. Now...I worry sometimes. My next appointment is Nov 18th, and it seriously cannot get here fast enough. I get an ultrasound that day so I'm praying that will set my mind at ease, but I can't help but fear, "what if something is wrong?"

I'm sure its normal, especially for us first timers. 

• I don't think it is silly - I think we all feel this way.  The tricky part is not getting too wrapped up in the anxiety, but try and let yourself enjoy being pg AND optimistic.  

I was seeing me RE once or twice a week and about died after graduating to and OB and having to wait so long between appts.

Good luck with the wait.  I hope the next two weeks fly by for you!

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
    Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
    FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
    M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
    FET #4 February 12, 2014
    POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't had an appt. in 4 weeks!!!  I have been going crazy!  I have an appt. this Tuesday and I can't wait.  I'm not scheduled to have an ultrasound but I'm assuming they will use to the doppler to find the heartbeat.  My friend and I tried to find it with her doppler last night but we couldn't.

Don't worry...you aren't alone in your nervousness and anxiety!

• I also feel exactly the same.  I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks and saw the heartbeat, then have a Dr. appt. at 12 weeks and my NT scan at 13 weeks.  I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and I just want the next week to go by really fast!  I do have a home doppler and I've used it the past couple days and can't hear much other than my own heartbeat, but I know it could still be early for that...
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Somebody on one of these boards said something to this effect and it stuck with me.....

First we worry that it won't stick, then once we see an u/s, we will worry because we don't feel it yet, and then we will worry if it doesn't move enough to satisfy us, and then when he/she is born we will worry forever.....

It sounds to me like no matter how hard we try, we will always be worrying until the next milestone.....and then we start to worry about the one after that.

Hang in there everybody. I'm with ya, I had an appointment last week where they confirmed the preg, but now I go tomorrow for visit with nutrionist and to go over bloodwork, probaby 3 more weeks til my u/s.

• The crazy thing is that I never was too worried when I was pregnant with my first (at least I don't remember being worried).  Now I can't wait for my next appointment on Friday, especially since I felt a lot of cramping yesterday. I know it was just ligament/growing pains. I just want to go on Friday and hear the little heartbeat!!
  • I know what you mean!  I just had my second ultrasound on thursday, and I'll have my next at 13-14 weeks (I'm "high risk" so one every 4 weeks).  We were waiting for this past u/s to tell everyone, and now that we've started telling, I'm more nervous than I have been since the very beginning!

I wasn't going to go the doppler route, but now I'm really considering getting one...at least until we can feel the baby move.  It's so silly, but I completely know how you feel.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only thing that got me through last time was my own doppler. I could listen to the HB once a day and ease my mind.  It definitely eased my anxiety before each appointment, too, since i KNEW I had just heard the baby. Once I could feel the baby moving regularly, I used it much less and worried much less.

I finally found the HB for the first time today and it made me feel so much better.  My next appointment is on Wednesday and it was going to be a very long wait, if I hadn't found it! 

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • I feel the exact same anxiety.  My last appt was at 7 weeks and we saw the hb.  My next appt isn't until Nov 18th so it will have been six weeks between my last and next appt.  I have to say the time seems to be passing so slowly.  The next two weeks will continue to feel like an eternity.  I just want to hear the hb again.  Although I've been having bad m/s and some cramping I just worry that there won't be a heartbeat at my next appt. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"