High-Risk Pregnancy

Anyone with SCH?

I had an u/s at 7w6d and was told I had a 1cm SCH.  Went back for another u/s at 9w1d and it was up to 4cm.  Baby is still measuring exactly on time.  I had some bleeding that night but it was gone by the next day.  I occasionally have some pain on my left side but I have cysts on my left ovary so I've been attributing it to that.  My OB tends to agree.  Can an SCH cause pain?

I have no idea if 4cm is big or not.  Anyone know what is considered a big SCH?  My doctor doesn't really seem too concerned about it - hasn't put me on bed rest or pelvic rest.  She hasn't even mentioned a follow up u/s.  She just briefly mentioned checking on it at our anatomy scan.  I have another regular OB appointment in 2 1/2 weeks but that's it.  I plan on asking for another u/s then just for peace of mind.  I want to know if it's getting bigger or smaller or what.

Should I be worried about this?  Could it be compromising the baby?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with SCH?

• I had 3 SCHs at 9w. My MFM was pretty clear that it could go either way. She said if the SCHs grow larger than the baby thats when it poses a potential problem. Its similar to a mini placental abruption. She said it could cause irritation and lead to PPROM, or complete abruption. However, she reassured me they are super common and likely to reabsorb on their own. Personally, I would go on modified bed rest and definitely pelvic rest. I literally kept my feet up as much as I could for a couple of weeks, no stairs, no grocery shopping, no pushing carts at store, and no sex. All 3 SCHs reabsorbed by 15w.

If I were you I would definitely ask for a repeat u/s even if it's just for piece of mind. Mine stayed the same size at every u/s (every 2w) until 15w. I never had any pain with them either.

I know it's hard to stay positive but they really are very common, and all you can do is rest. Lots of T&Ps for you hope it resolves soon.

TTC# 1 Since 10/2005----Diagnosed with PCOS March of 2006
    multiple failed cycles, multiple IUIs, lap with ovarian drilling 4/2008
    Finally BFP on 11/23/09 beta#1=36 beta#2 =62 beta#3=139
    Liliana was born on March 27,2010 at 21w5d due to infection and pre-term labor
    BFP #2 on 6/20/10 after Gonal-F and TI First u/s showed Twins! 
    TTC#2 since 02/2012 with out RE... 
    Back to RE 08/2016----- Cycle #1 10/2016 Femara 7.5mg=???
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had a huge one at 7 weeks.  I bled more than a period worth of it - woke up to blood running down my thighs.  Stay away from google....it will only scare you.

My bleed stabilized and disappeared by 20ish weeks.  Hang in there and best of luck!

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses.  I'm trying not to panic and I'm not googling any more!!  I'm going to push my next appointment up a few days and hopefully see what's going on in there sooner.  I'm fortunate to work at home 90% of the time so I am able to take it easy.  Fingers crossed everything works out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"